Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome! Does it still use a large image to store the map? I can't wait to try the new version :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 07, 2015, 02:52:46 AM
Awesome! Does it still use a large image to store the map? I can't wait to try the new version :)
^ Ditto Hopefuly there won't be a red flashing player :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Nope, the new world size is 500x100 so I couldn't imagine a 8000x1600 GROB containing 12,800,000 pixels O.O so I just have one 352x272 GROB that has a 16 pixel buffer on all sides so you can display the screen and then generate the new terrain of screen :)

Quote from: Unicorn on July 07, 2015, 03:07:48 AM
^ Ditto Hopefuly there won't be a red flashing player :P
Just got on the computer to work on custom skins :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Nice, I'm liking the progress so far. Are screenies on the way?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on July 07, 2015, 09:01:50 PM
Nice, I'm liking the progress so far. Are screenies on the way?
No real screenshots but there is an update on the horizon today or tomorrow if I don't run into problems :P (Ijust have to add player collisions and render the player and BAM v2.1 is done :))

Unicorn

So that means movement and terrain gen will be done?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Movement will be complete (without gravity) and terrain gen is working but not complete (I needed it working for player movement and the basics but I am adding the ore spawns and stuff later :))

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on July 07, 2015, 03:15:21 PM
Nope, the new world size is 500x100 so I couldn't imagine a 8000x1600 GROB containing 12,800,000 pixels O.O so I just have one 352x272 GROB that has a 16 pixel buffer on all sides so you can display the screen and then generate the new terrain of screen :)
Awesome, at one point I need to figure out how to do this, so I can continue working on SWL more. Was the speed drop noticeable?

Quote from: alexgt on July 09, 2015, 03:11:32 PM
Movement will be complete (without gravity) and terrain gen is working but not complete (I needed it working for player movement and the basics but I am adding the ore spawns and stuff later :))
Wait, wasn't terrain generation already implemented several months ago? O.O I mean, I swear the first few versions already generated random maps that still ressembled Minecraft maps. ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

He restarted, making the code better, I believe

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 09, 2015, 10:01:24 PM
Quote from: alexgt on July 07, 2015, 03:15:21 PM
Awesome, at one point I need to figure out how to do this, so I can continue working on SWL more. Was the speed drop noticeable?

Quote from: alexgt on July 09, 2015, 03:11:32 PM
Wait, wasn't terrain generation already implemented several months ago? O.O I mean, I swear the first few versions already generated random maps that still ressembled Minecraft maps. ???
There was no real speed drop since all it is doing extra is drawing 17 or 22 blocks so it didn't take a hit at all :)

Unicorn is right when I switched to an app I started recoding it (there was a bug that I couldn't fix and my code was really messy :P)

Unicorn

I bet it'll be a bit easier to have things running if your code is nice and organized :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see alexgt. I was worried about speed drops because it involves drawing 17-22 blocks instead of just 1 sprite and I always had the impression that For loops slowed things down in HP PPL (for example, I only get 15 FPS from drawing a 20x15 grid of tiles, but again I used ICON instead of GROB data)

alexgt

Yep, and the for loops aren't that bad either they are only drawing a single column and or row :).

UPDATE:  :w00t:
- Added The Title Screen
- Added World Generation
- Added 5 new blocks: dirt, grass, bedrock, stone, and air :trollface:
- Added The Player (sorry Unicorn no skins yet :()
- Added player collision
- Added gravity
- Added auto jumping when you press left/right against a block
- Fixed major rendering bug when going down.
- Drank 1 cup of coffee  8)

NOTE: This is why I have not been active lately :P
Also you sadly have to use a calc (I think) because I have not had time to post any screenshots but those will role around tomorrow I hope :)

CKH4

Yay, can't wait to see the screenshot. I'm glad you added auto jumping that always helps me in mcpe so hopefully it'll translate here. Also for the most part thats a solid block list :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+