Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Android] zCraft Chronicles - Slenderman Edition

Started by tr1p1ea, April 22, 2015, 03:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tr1p1ea

I have a small number of games that come under the 'zCraft' banner. All of which are horror based, minecraft inspired survival game.

The latest edition is based on Slenderman!

Here are some screenies:

You pretty much run around and collect the notes, 8 of which are required for victory. If you see Slenderman, RUN! There is a torch toggle for near/far light as well.

It is on the play store here http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tr1p1ea.zcraft.chronicles.slender.pro but you can download it from my website for free as well: http://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/zSlend.apk

Dream of Omnimaga

I tried it and liked what I saw, especially the static effect when you're about to die. But I couldn't find any of the 8 notes. <.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Looks good. But also looks a bit like "just another minecraft clone"
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I think it's his goal to have Minecraft inspiration in his games series. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

tr1p1ea

Erm yeah it's minecraft inspired :P.

Here is a video for those interested:

Dream of Omnimaga

Just don't get into legal troubles with Minecraft authors or owners please >.< (unless those graphics are not exactly the Minecraft ones?) Generally we are fine as long as we don't re-use the graphics, but M$ stance about them might be different than Notch's, who was very against reusing them (which is why every Minecraft clone used different textures that still looked similar. Maybe you could use the ones from Craftti?

Also darn with headphones that Slender man sound was scary O.O

tr1p1ea

Yeah there arent any graphics or textures from minecraft in the game. I made similar looking ones but at a lower res and such :).

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah ok, because it's hard to tell with all those custom Minecraft graphics that looks similar but still are a bit different lol XD. I prefer such graphics for a Minecraft style game so I am ok with it personally. Anyway I need to play this more at one point. Do you plan to add more levels or other features? There could be bridges and stuff you must avoid falling off from.

tr1p1ea

It would be nice to add more levels and such, but I might move back to calc programming for now.

I would like to make one where you are Slenderman instead >:D.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

According to explanations, Slendermand can teleport semi-randomly around the player but never in front of him/her. How will you manage to implement such things while keeping the "I'm Slenderman" ambiance?
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

tr1p1ea

This is precisely how he works in this game. He spawns at random around the player and then moves towards them. After a period of time he teleports.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: tr1p1ea on April 23, 2015, 04:42:25 AM
It would be nice to add more levels and such, but I might move back to calc programming for now.

I would like to make one where you are Slenderman instead >:D.
Maybe a Walrii easter egg? :P And yeah new calc stuff would be nice. Maybe a rudimentary clone of this game on the CE that uses SolidFrame? :D

tr1p1ea

Hahaha ... actually you have me thinking now ... !

Slenderman could probably work raycasted, and the CE could be fast enough for that.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: tr1p1ea on April 23, 2015, 10:06:59 PM
Hahaha ... actually you have me thinking now ... !

Slenderman could probably work raycasted, and the CE could be fast enough for that.
What about on the Prime O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX