Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CurveFever CE

Started by PT_, July 28, 2017, 09:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PT_

First of all, yay, 1337 posts at Cemetech  8) Now I'm part of the elite :D

Second, less important (jk), I want to post about a new game I'm making in C: CurveFever CE. This is a port of the rather popular online game CurveFever, which I played a lot in the past, together with my brother. Just because of my 1337th post I wanted to release something new, or create a new game, or whatever, so this is the result:

Source:
https://github.com/PeterTillema/CurveFever-CE

Basically, you have to control a 'snake', by holding down a left and a right key (you should be able to set the keys in a menu) to move through the field, and trying to survive as long as possible. You can block others if you move well enough, and in the future I will add powerups as well, to slow down others, or move them the other way around... There will be a score board at the right, which needs to be added as well.

My intention was to make it for 4 players, all at one calc (oh boy, that's gonna be fun), but I'm not sure if that's feasible, especially with such small field. In the far future I might even add linking, that you can play 1v1 at 2 calculators. I've added in a timer to make sure you have a constant FPS, I set that now at 30 FPS which should be enough.

Anyway, enjoy the screenshots I will post in the future and if you have questions, suggestions, comments, hate comments or you just like it, feel free to post it! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks nice. I wonder if single calc multiplayer is possible as well due to some hardware quirks I heard about in the past (with the keypad). Good luck!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

PT_

I've added in random gaps, and the first part of checking if you hit another line. For now, you can just pass through your own line, but not through anothers:

Dream of Omnimaga

You were trying to drawe Trump's hair instead of playing? O.O

Kidding aside, this looks good :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

PT_

Got some more things done; I've added powerups, for example, slow down the opponent(s), speed up, thicker line etc. They appear randomly and when you 'pick up' a powerup, it disappears. They don't work correctly, I gonna work on that. :)

PT_

Now pretty much every powerup is working, except the 'corners' one, where you turn with 90 degress if you press left or right. :)

(#fail at the end :P)

Unicorn

Looks very fun! So will this be a two player game, one player, or have a real AI? (I didn't read the rest of the thread :P)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???