Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mazhat's Art

Started by mazhat, April 11, 2017, 10:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazhat

Cool, indeed! I want my comic to be a classic, old school, "boys" comic. (Not as in only for boys, but as in what is stereotyped as boys stuff, like guns, space pirates and no girls! I already broke the last rule though.)

Page 2:

There's only one person on this site who can tell me if
this passes the anime test.

Edit. Silent Update so I don't spam the IRC!
Page 3
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

_iPhoenix_

I'm no expert, but I vote no. It just doesn't scream anime like real anime.
* _iPhoenix_ has absolutely zero idea about what he's talking about, and decides to shut up.

Your art is extremely good, btw, keep it up!

Is that a nazi armband I see?
* _iPhoenix_ feels somewhat sad.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

mazhat

To be honest I just slapped on some pseudo-anime eyes (I could go full big pupil, shiney, but that's a big too far for me ;^)
I'm a Canadian, so my art has an minimalist-Americanised bias when I draw. That's culture for ya!

Thank you for the compliment! You guys are all so flattering  :love:
Very comfy.

Sorry, I realised that while colouring it :'(. It doesn't help that they're wearing brown shirts too.
They're not nazis, but they sure are silent hate mongers, and that's something I've
always wanted to explore. Most bad people don't realise that they're bad, it's cognitive dissonance of sorts.
Would you ever believe that you're evil, if you were? I don't know if I would, personally!
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: mazhat on May 14, 2017, 12:55:50 AM
Sorry, I realised that while colouring it :'(. It doesn't help that they're wearing brown shirts too.
They're not nazis, but they sure are silent hate mongers, and that's something I've
always wanted to explore. Most bad people don't realise that they're bad, it's cognitive dissonance of sorts.
Would you ever believe that you're evil, if you were? I don't know if I would, personally!
I'm evil.

Evolution of my avatar:

mazhat

Didn't feel like posting these when I made them,
but what the heck, might as well!

Sketti

p2

I love it how you go from perfectly drawn hands to simplified flippers to rather crappy drawn hands within a single comicstrip xD
those simplified hands together with that waving gesture in the 3rd pic are really cute  :love:

btw the police guy doesnt close his//her moug hafter talking in the last pic ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

mazhat

Sometimes you have to replace quality with speed :^)

In the last one the animators got lazy and just copy pasted.
I usually like to make every frame by hand so that it feels special.

Sketti

Decon Theed

At the risk of repeating myself, I think these comic pages really show off that expressiveness inherent in your drawing style, which is what immediately drew (durr hurr) me to your art in the first place. No idea if/when you plan to do anymore comic stuff, but I highly encourage it; you've definitely got the knack for it, mazhat! :)
I listened to Techno just once, and my entire life fell to pieces instantly.

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol, gotta love that art style :3=

A comic with a :walrii: next?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mazhat

I could try to convert that :walrii: story into a comic, who knows what the future holds!

Also, here's more stuff I made.

Sketti

_iPhoenix_

I've been really inspired by your art, so I may post some of my own in "_iPhoenix_'s very own art thread" if I get the time to post :)

Evolution of my avatar:

mazhat

I've never made anyone inspired by my art before, usually it's me being inspired.

Please make an art thread, there should be at least one per member :^)
It makes me happy to see people progress as artists; very interesting.
Sketti

p2

omg I totally love how the right guy's eyes go derp  :love:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

mazhat

It was a total accident, but I kept it in because it was goofy.
The cinnamon-rolly eyes he makes right after is my favourite.
Sketti

mazhat

I guess this belongs in the art thread.

For my game (MOS), do you guys prefer the first style, or the second style?
This will determine what the "traits and skills" looks like.

Also descriptions of the two pictures:

Old World Historian:
   Your knowledge of the old world was passed down from your ancestors to you.
   -> You have higher chance of identifying artifacts

Aggressive Menace:
   "There's no time to waste. Always take initiative"
   -> Your main MOSMAN gets first initiative. 
Sketti