Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Trump's Presidency marks the end of the world! (says the internet)

Started by p2, November 09, 2016, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it's true that he wants to ban terrorists, but I think there are better ways to ban them than banning an entire country including innocents. My main issue is that the way the current ban was implemented seems to have been implemented without any planning. I'M ok if they are banned for a short while (although this still causes some issues, such as students studying abroad, actors, musicians and stuff, but if Trump administration uses common sense then they can probably exempt certain people who are guaranteed to be safe). Banning immigrants with criminal records (crimes that are considered crimes in USA, that is) would already help, and spending 3 months (or more) to write a new immigration plan properly would help. There should also be laws preventing people from forcing a religion on others or preventing people from forcing others to remove religious symbols. This is supposed to be a free country.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 30, 2017, 01:59:01 AM
This is supposed to be a free country.
It still is. Free of all the good things that make it non-evil. Including me. Because I'm black and from Africa.*Deported*
One nation under Trump, highly divisible, with liberty and justice for some. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Legimet

The failing Trump administration has reached majority disapproval in a record 8 days! SAD!

Yuki

Yeah, they did that, probably without planning, while they actually think of a proper plan. Kind of stupid, I know.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 30, 2017, 01:59:01 AM
There should also be laws preventing people from forcing a religion on others or preventing people from forcing others to remove religious symbols. This is supposed to be a free country.
Tell that to the Québec government :P

Quote from: Legimet on January 30, 2017, 03:35:25 AM
The failing Trump administration has reached majority disapproval in a record 8 days! SAD!
Wonder why he was elected. People thought he wasn't serious? No one knows.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Legimet on January 30, 2017, 03:35:25 AM
I wonder if the US constitution allows an existing president to be thrown out or forced to launch new elections before due date? Because in Canada, this happened in the past with Joe Clark (he didn't even stay 8 months).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Legimet

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 30, 2017, 03:38:57 AM
I wonder if the US constitution allows an existing president to be thrown out or forced to launch new elections before due date? Because in Canada, this happened in the past with Joe Clark (he didn't even stay 8 months).

He would have to be impeached by both houses of Congress, which is very unlikely to happen with Republican majorities. There is no constitutional procedure for holding new elections (and the constitution is very hard to change, because a constitutional amendment requires ratification by 38/50 states).

Yuki

Yes. In Canada and other countries based on the British system, you can throw the government out and cause new elections simply by voting against the budget. In the US, you can impeach the president and any other official, but it's a long, long process. Actually, any process to throw the president out would reastically never be carried out, mostly due to the fact the elections have fixed dates and the Republicans have a majority. And even then, the president would be replaced by the vice-president for the remainder of his term, followed by at least 15 Republicans.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm that sucks if you guys gets a really bad president under such majority...

gameblabla

Lol, trump already proved to the whole world he's a cing failure, it's too hilarous.

Why he did not put Saudi Arabia on the list ?
That's like the worst "Muslim" country with no woman's rights (a woman can get herself in jail if she reports being raped),
gay people are not even allowed to exist, all tourists must pass through an iris scan and it's filled with extremists.
Yet it's not even on the black list and he put some countries on the blacklist that are not even that bad...
Seems like he did not want to ruin his businesses he had there lol.

Also dj, he worded the order in such a way that it only targets muslims from said countries.
(Christians would fall for example under the exception "Minorities")

Anyway, it's a really heavy handed way of dealing with "Islamic" terrorists and it's unlikely to improve things.
It would have been better if he gave a basic income to everyone so they would not be tempted to fall to the "dark" side,
with all the benefits it comes. (rip project ceasefire)
But he would rather use that money to build a wall. (which Americans are going to pay with their own taxes, lel)
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)