Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How to start programming ASM or BASIC for scrubs like me who don't know anything

Started by xMarminq_, November 01, 2016, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

xMarminq_

• Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

kotu

Quote from: xMarminq_ on November 03, 2016, 10:09:33 PM
-Has a login system, if possible, maybe multiple accounts.
you dont really have that on the calculator

-Have something like the Doors interface on the 84 plus, storing all your programs on the account (doesn't show up on prgm tab).
i use cesium

-Coding language options, if possible.
i don't know what this means
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

xMarminq_

I sorta coded one, the first code update I posted, with the whole password thing. (login System)

kotu

xMarminq_

p2

As you seem to be new to programming in general: Learn TI BASIC :)
Sure, the language sucks and it's slow and stuff ^^
But it'll teach ou the basics you can later use in many other projects :)

For graphic games you might have to use something like "Axe" lateron, but I realy recommend lerning basic first as it'll be much harder to learn if you dont understand BASIC :)
And it's absolutely normal to have that feeling like "you do half of the coding, is this een still MY project??", you're new to this afterall ;)
Try to complete  couple of projects with the help of the community like this one. And when you feel ready for it, try one on your own :)
And if you have any problems, feel free to ask at any time ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)