Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Hahahaha, no. Street and I are stuck at figuring the whole thing and getting motivation.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 26, 2015, 07:15:05 PM
That could work. Just make sure that the RPG isn't too large at first and focus on the entire engine since you are new to making them. The battles seem to be the part where most people get stuck into.

Thanks for the tip, but first I'm gonna make MoneyWalrii, maybe starting tomorrow now that the contest is over. Then, to contact Wright and get the RPG planned out. :D
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Oh also, one of my plans is to make a language. It doesn't have to be good but it would be so cool *.*
Actually, i already started :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on May 31, 2015, 07:14:09 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 26, 2015, 07:15:05 PM
That could work. Just make sure that the RPG isn't too large at first and focus on the entire engine since you are new to making them. The battles seem to be the part where most people get stuck into.

Thanks for the tip, but first I'm gonna make MoneyWalrii, maybe starting tomorrow now that the contest is over. Then, to contact Wright and get the RPG planned out. :D
Aah I was wondering what happened to MoneyWalrii myself. Glad it is still alive. As for the RPG do you plan to cross-post updates here too, even though Wright doesn't have a CW account? :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Snektron

Quote from: alexgt on May 31, 2015, 02:03:12 PM
Cool what are some of the words?

it will look bit like Lua:

a = 3.3 + 5
b = 4 * a

function test(a)
a = 2 * 3
return a
end

At the moment nothing runs yet, though :P

Also i don't have a name yet, so i'm open for suggestions :)

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 31, 2015, 04:37:18 PM

a = 3.3 + 5
b = 4 * a

function test(a)
a = 2 * 3
return a
end

Ohhh :P I thought you were making a language like English :P. Yep Lua was the first thing I thought of :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Fun cumred!

Also dj, I think wright wa thinking about making an acount, as he said he'd wante to enter the contest erlier today.

But yeah,I m gonna post updates here for sure! :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 31, 2015, 04:37:18 PM

a = 3.3 + 5
b = 4 * a

function test(a)
a = 2 * 3
return a
end

It does look like Lua. What makes your language different?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Probably that it has a lot less features :P
Also i plan to do code flow blocks more like java or c:

if (8 == D)

end

The parser will first parse the (8 == D) part, and then the if statement. The vm will then just take the top value of the stack and jump accordingly.
Also it's a compiled language so there won't be any dostrings etc. And it's really loose since it a little bit hacky. For instance a ',' does almost nothing.
you could also call functions with:

function test(a, b)
  return a + b
end

test(3 2)

though the comma in the function define is necessary

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on June 01, 2015, 05:30:39 AM
Fun cumred!

Also dj, I think wright wa thinking about making an acount, as he said he'd wante to enter the contest erlier today.

But yeah,I m gonna post updates here for sure! :)
Looks like he didn't make it D:. Oh well, maybe next time, plus he can still sign up before next contest anyway I guess. It's up to him of course, though, but only CW has flying walruses. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Since Unicorn asked that the Summer discussion gets moved to safe-haven due to private info being shared there, I thought I would bump this thread for those who wants to discuss about their plans for the rest of the Summer even if they can't access the safe-haven section (we should try to keep all private/sensitive info in separate topics to prevent having to move good non-private discussions to private).

Anyway I am in vacation from work for the next two weeks, but my activity will probably remain similar to the last week or so since I am pretty tired and other things. Staff-related duties might be kept to a minimum because I don't feel like doing much of it right now. I also hope that weather over here stops being spring/fall-like (one city in the North had frost at night a week ago >.<) so I can go to the waterpark.

Unicorn

Cool! Money walrri is now on a semi hiatus until Nagoji is done, then I should be able to figure it out. I should really read up on all the list commands though for the sprite collision. O.O And I need to add ruby to the list of things to learn :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

I'm traveling and learning Tuba so no code for a while :-(

I need to restart coding, which I've told myself hundreds of times but never did

No calculator and computer while traveling, only tapatalk, so I'm trying to learn Quenya ( High-Elven) instead
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Snektron