Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

GuyInFreezer

Game with at least in playable state, regardless of which platform it might end up with.

Caleb Hansberry

Quote from: STV on April 06, 2016, 12:40:22 PM
My plans for the rest of the year :
-Crush all on my 3rd school trimester
-Get an average mark of 17.5
-Buy a Wii U Pro Controller
-Buy an eShop card
-Buy a Samsung Galaxy Something
-Learn a language other than z80 Basic :trollface:
at first I read that as having a crush on all at your school~

My goals for 2016 are:
- Keep a job
- Get some money in my bank account
- Earn CompTIA A+ certification
- Learn all japanese kana
- Maybe go on a vacation, the first without my family
- Beat @notipa in a UT2004 match (or Crawdad, that's more down to earth)
- Make a full-length animation and a real original song

• Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on April 05, 2016, 06:15:24 AM
- Work on FloodIt
- Do something with C
- Get better self control ( I end up gaming or coding instead of HW. x.x )

You could maybe reduce the gaming more than the coding. That would already help, plus you might get more free time to code. :)

Quote from: Juju on April 06, 2016, 05:25:38 AM
Hm, I revised my plans for 2016...

- Try to finish the school semester
- Get an internship
- Be the best intern the world has ever saw (or not?)
- Buy a decent cellphone with internship money (I have like the cheapest one I found at Best Buy currently and it's c)
- Plan a trip to Vancouver for my birthday with friends, again with internship money (it's halfway to Japan!)
- Finally buy this charger for my Surface Pro it's been a while it exploded and I can't use it, also less outdated hardware while we're at it
- Wish the Québec government get their c together (hopefully, stupid student loans)
- Go to all the anime conventions!
- Do something productive
- Seriously, get c together and do something productive
As long as you pay the rent and everything essential first before a new phone/trips then that's good. :P We need to do some stuff together this Summer, though, so don't go too far for too long. Good luck on the internship by the way. :)

Do you have any projects in the work or any idea?

Quote from: GuyInFreezer on April 06, 2016, 08:04:22 PM
Game with at least in playable state, regardless of which platform it might end up with.
Good luck! Nice to see you around again, by the way :)

Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on April 06, 2016, 08:14:02 PM
My plans for the rest of the year :
-Crush all on my 3rd school trimester
-Get an average mark of 17.5
-Buy a Wii U Pro Controller
-Buy an eShop card
-Buy a Samsung Galaxy Something
at first I read that as having a crush on all at your school~

My goals for 2016 are:
- Keep a job

You could do a vacation in Quebec :P. But of course that might be hard with a new job, since students usually don't get any work vacations.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

Yeah, I used to be able to limit my gaming on weekdays and get a lot of coding and homework done, but now since my bootloader stopped working and I can only load windows without a usb, I just get distracted. I'm gonna try this week,see how things go ;) (mint only has calc stuff and comp stuff)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Caleb Hansberry

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 15, 2016, 06:30:58 AM
Quote from: Caleb

My goals for 2016 are:
- Keep a job

You could do a vacation in Quebec :P. But of course that might be hard with a new job, since students usually don't get any work vacations.
Well I'm not a student,.. but yeah it would be hard to get time off anywhere with a new job.
I started finishing my list! Got a job about a week ago that I'm excited to have, I've been unemployed so long~ and in a few weeks maybe I'll have a few dollars to spare (it'll be a while though, I owe $1100 for my car, $400 for car repair, and $200 in back auto insurance payments, to pay before I get anything).
I'm getting close to losing to notipa 5-10 so that's improving, was 0-10.
And our song "Break Out" is actually going somewhere, I'm learning some guitar and I think we might be able to complete it this time if we can find a bassist!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I thought you still went to school and now did the study+working evening/weekend shifts thing. I'm glad you managed to get further in your goals list. As for money, yeah cars can be expensive, even when they're old cars you got for cheap, because of repairs and license plates. In Quebec, if you are under 24 years old and get your first ever car, and it happens to be a brand new one, then insurances costs $3000 a year. It gets cheaper as you get older (they don't trust young people because they make 25% of all accidents apparently) or if you get an older car, so it's usually recommended to start with an older car and deal with the recurrent repairs. Hopefully you'll be able to get more money of your own in the near future. Also I hope you get enough work hours, especially during Summer when the older employees go in vacation, but of course try to not burn yourself out (I know some places makes people work 60 hours a week instead of the regular 30-40). :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Those are your car laws? I don't think there's anything like that in the U.S. O.O

But there is "living tax." :P
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I think it's more the fact that everything that isn't related to school or health care is much more expensive in Canada than in USA. As for the high insurance costs for younger people, it's because companies don't trust teens and young adults. People between 16 and 24 years old were often considered the most dangerous on the road because they wanted the adrenaline rush from speeding as fast as they can or from breaking the rules while still staying alive, and drunk driving is more common among them. As a result, insurance companies jacked the prices up for those people, since they're more likely to be in an accident.

-Anyway, one of my personal goal to release a CE Textlib game using the tricks I learned has been completed, but I still want to release a tilemap-based one. Only time will tell, though. (normally I'm very busy in May too so I don't have much time to code)

Dream of Omnimaga

Current future plans:

-Experiment with game ideas in Sprites v3.2 BASIC lib for the TI-84+CE
-More RPG gaming
-One or more new songs
-Stalking @Juju

I have 1 week of vacation starting tommorow so hopefully I can get started on some of this next week.

:walrii:

Yuki

I'm very stalkable yes thanks

Anyway, plans for this summer:

- Stalk @DJ Omnimaga during his vacations
- Get a job
- Start even more projects
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I hope you get a job (hopefully full time but not over 40 hours). It would definitively help you to pay the rent and stuff in time >.<

Also I hope you finish some of the projects you started :P

Unicorn

Newish plans: Make more reaction games. I also want to finish/tune up my CSE games, but it's not looking like that will happen soon... Finish xlibc tutorials...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It's a shame that your CSE games won't be finished soon. Hopefully you reconsider in the future. Or maybe you could make some of them for the CE?

Dudeman313

-Do more FreeCodeCamp
-Swing by here more often
-Take Earth Science Regents over the summer
-Go hiking
-Buy a bike
-Try to find time to finish Mr. Bob's Bad Day
-Play more of LadyBug
-Try to figure out how to use Scratch
-Eat more chocolate