Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Leiter

Plans for 2016: Finish up KIMP, complete libc (i.e. bindings for every kernel call), and finish with a GPA 3.7 or higher

Araidia

Learn how to code(TI BASIC or whatnot), finish the semester with all A's, and exercise a bit. I might also try out for track, but I don't know if I have the time for that. And beat Fire Emblem Awakening on Lunatic+.
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

DarkestEx

Plans:
- work some more for school
- participate in the CW contest
- get the Microcat project further
- finish TwoStep

and more
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

kegwaan

• Finish Fallout 84+ (I've barely even started)
• Finish learning Axe
• Learn z80 Asm
• Learn to play the accordion
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Yuki

Plan for 2016: Writing stories. I'm writing a script for a new story that should be used for a pony animation, and someone else (as in a 100k YT subs person) asked me to write something for him. Gonna be fun :P

Also, the usual programming random stuff while hoping to not fail at life, as usual.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

So I notice that activity on forums is down from last year and some weeks most people are gone until late evening. I was wondering what you guys have been up to and wgat are your plans for 2016, with school, on CW, calc and non-calc programming and other activities?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Dudeman313

Oh, well if I manage to finish my own site, then I won't be as hyperactive as I am now.
I will be in HS over the summer taking an early Earth Science, so I won't be online more than I am now.
However, I will be a freshman in HS after this summer, so I might have my own computer, which could make up for some things.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

Plans for 2016:

• Code something new for calculators...maybe a platformer?
  • Dance in front of more crowds
  • Coordinate a dancing act with friends
  • Get new dancing suits and outfits
  • Get through high school
  • Convert as many people as possible to tau-ism
  • Somehow gain more interesting interests
  • Get a girlfriend
  • Make it clear that if she's going to leave, she needs to do it now
  • Get another girlfriend
  • Please oh please can someone love me for who I am
  • Never leave me, and love me unconditionally
  • There are things I dream of doing for a partner
  • And you're missing out if you refuse me
  • Be depressed because I'm worthless
  • Become better at singing
  • Memorize more digits of irrational numbers to impress people
  • Film and edit more stuff
  • Get interested in different TV shows
  • Force myself to listen to music I don't like in hopes I'll learn to tolerate it
  • Make others happy
  • Fail miserably
  • Am I that bad of a person?
  • There's no place in this world for a guy like me
  • Get active more
  • Play basketball again
  • Learn some interesting magic tricks
  • Discover a party trick I can whip out that makes me look cool
  • Learn how to solve any high-order dodecahedron-shaped twisty puzzle (Megaminx, Petaminx, Yottaminx, etc.)
  • Somehow find the energy to do it all :P

No I don't have any problems with me please shut up :-|

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

2016  Plans:
* Finish Sorcery of Uvutu in a completed state, and is enjoyable all the way through, adding easter eggs and secrets wherever possible
* Create new calc game with xLIBC (details are still in the works. Not sure what I want to make. Probably something Zelda-esque)
* Remake D-Fend if I have the time
* Get better at Melee
* Eat
* Write lists
* Make new ideas
*Expand previous lists
* Expand this list
* Make a list of lists
* List in how many places I said list
* List
* Does list sound like a word to you anymore?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

* DJ Omnimaga approves the first half :)

As for myself I don't plan in long terms, but I want to finish the CE projects I started, especially with CE Textlib.

Unicorn

Hmmm...

- Work on FloodIt
- Do something with C
- Get better self control ( I end up gaming or coding instead of HW. x.x )
- Fix my bootloader
- Mess around with my lattepanda when it arrives (google it)
- Creat an andriod tablet from it.
- Get a 85 watt charger for a macbook pro
- If the charger doesnt fix it make a monitor out of it and the other macbook I have lying around.
- Do something else with my arduinos
- Buy a rpi zero
- Get another HDD for that Acer that runs off a flash drive
- Convice my friend to stop playing COD (thats not gonna happen :P)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Hm, I revised my plans for 2016...

- Try to finish the school semester
- Get an internship
- Be the best intern the world has ever saw (or not?)
- Buy a decent cellphone with internship money (I have like the cheapest one I found at Best Buy currently and it's c)
- Plan a trip to Vancouver for my birthday with friends, again with internship money (it's halfway to Japan!)
- Finally buy this charger for my Surface Pro it's been a while it exploded and I can't use it, also less outdated hardware while we're at it
- Wish the Québec government get their c together (hopefully, stupid student loans)
- Go to all the anime conventions!
- Do something productive
- Seriously, get c together and do something productive
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

GalacticPirate

My plans for the rest of the year :
-Crush all on my 3rd school trimester
-Get an average mark of 17.5
-Buy a Wii U Pro Controller
-Buy an eShop card
-Buy a Samsung Galaxy Something
-Learn a language other than z80 Basic :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)