Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMachine02

Calc:
*make a new gLib update
*make a 3D game with this update :p

Non-Calc:
*pretty much pass my exams, and my second exams.

Life:

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

aetios

Quote from: JosJuice on January 16, 2015, 10:22:18 PM
Hmm... I have one or two ideas, but I'd like to keep them a secret for now! I want to start programming a bit before I announce anything so I know that it isn't infeasible. Deciding to program something but then never really accomplishing anything hasn't been an uncommon thing for me, but I seem to have gotten better with it the last few years.
That sounds eerily familiar to me <_< :P Good to see more and more people joining :D
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 18, 2015, 06:18:21 PM
Quote from: TheMachine02 on January 18, 2015, 03:52:25 PM
*make a 3D game with this update :p

Skyrim4calc? *.*
I'm thinking more that it would be more suitable for a 3D clone of an early Illusiat game :P (Maybe Illusiat 3, since in 3D there's the digit 3? :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok so that wasn't on my todo list, but I finally got around updating my ticalc.org files, which is why I wasn't around much today. I noticed that some readmes still even had Epic Programming Studios URL, although most were up to date. Since I moved to CW I thought it would make sense to update my contact info, though, so I did. Now they are all pending on ticalc.org. I didn't update my contact info in-game except with the 84+C Tunnel, though. I might do it with the HP Prime stuff.

What's next to do about that:
-Upload/update some on Cemetech (mostly color stuff)
-Update my TI-Planet archives
-Put some files in CW downloads section (most likely Ticalc redirects)
-Put HP stuff on HP Museum
-Fix the HP file readmes because I didn't update them yet

Because of a particularly bad winter, I am often exhausted when I come back from work (I often work outside or do some indoor cleanup, and winter makes that worse) so I didn't feel like coding/working on the site as much.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

岩倉 澪

• Listen to lots of music and do some reviews
  • Continue learning guitar
  • Continue learning lojban
  • Attend DConf 2015 & possibly PAX
  • Work
  • Exercise during the summer
  • Piworld!
  • Pokemon TCG irc bot (I started this and got a lot done on it but it needs a rewrite and to be finished)
  • Ludum Dare!
  • Misc. System management
  • Handmade Hero & Studying game dev relevent subjects
  • Read lots of books!
  • Play vidya games
  • Watch jojo and catch up on reading Kangoku Gakuen
  • Clean out my room and remodel/interior decorate
  • Possibly put thought into my wardrobe

Dream of Omnimaga

By handmade hero, do you mean a figurine? I also hope you don't have to work 60 hours a week like some people, so that you can still have some free time >.<

岩倉 澪

handmadehero.org <- I'm following along with it, it is what has inspired me to pick piworld back up!

Right now I am unemployed but will hopefully be working again soon, I'd be happy with 40-50 hour work week

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh OK it's a coding thing lol. I was way out of the track here it seems :P

I personally prefer not working more than 40 hours, at least not with current work conditions lol. When I work 6 days in a row I am usually so exhausted that I don't feel like doing anything for the next two days after.

tr1p1ea

There is 1 big thing for me in 2015 - I'm going to become a father! :).

So I kinda want to get some calc coding out of the way before that happens as my free time might be limited for a while :).

Projects and stuff include CSE BASIC/xLIBC RPG demo, maybe some tutorials and of course investigating the CE calcs. I also plan on properly porting my 3D engine across to colour calcs and making something with it too.

Also will enjoy watching sports and stuff, hopefully get to more pro games - I might even try to play football again (even though my fitness is < 0%).

Yuki

Oh, congratulations! Hope you still hang around with your kid around ^_^

Also for 2015 I plan going to host panels at 2 conventions, like last year... Gonna be fun.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Congratulations tr1p1ea for the kid. Hopefully you still have some time to say hi on IRC afterward. Be sure to teach your kid how to not brick a TI-Nspire (impossible) when he becomes 13 years old. ;)

Good luck on the rest. I myself am not a big fan of doing sports (although back in the days I liked playing soccer with friends), but since I often do endurance work and walk a lot, I would say my fitness isn't that bad per geek standards. On the other hand, food and mental-wise, my health might be another story <_<

Dark Storm

In 2015, I have many things to do :

On calc:
Finish this f***** serial port implementation on FiXos
Finish my RPG Arcuz
Try to run FiXos on a PG2 calc.
Finish Metro Siberia 3
Finish Cawena, a CAsio WEb NAvigator (to troll friend at school, and if I'm motivated to print basic webpages)

Non-calc:
Learn to use GNU/Linux a little bit deeper than I know
Do some tricks with Magica Voxel (@Eiyeron ;) )
Found CreativeCalc association

Life:
Find bullcs to do at boarding school :p
Progress in English, particularly at oral ^^

Many things, but I know I couldn't do some of them...
French young Casio programmer.
If I do some (big) mistakes in english, could you correct me?

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya nice to see you again Dark Storm. :D

I hope FiXos manages to get finished one day. Also I am interested in your RPG. Is there a topic on Planète-Casio?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Oh yeah right, finish my own RPG idea too. :-°
* Eiyeron got demoralized.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.