Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hll9264

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! @Dudeman313 @Araidia @DJ Omnimaga  This is a pleasant community to be a part of  :love: With your guys help so far I managed to install Ndless on my TI-nspire CX! I had software version 3.0.2 and upgraded to 3.6 to perform the installation successfully.  Now I'm onto figuring out how to download the CAS OS!

Yall are the best!

Dudeman313

You're welcome!  :thumbsup:
I'm glad you feel that way!
:walrii:

You know you can post in other places, too, right? :blah:
And we have a Karma system for thank yous and such. At least I think that's what it's for...
@DJ Omnimaga ?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

We can also thank inside posts :) (besides, members who have less than 20 posts cannot vote and those who can can only vote once every 8 hour anyway, so sometimes, a reply is more convenient :P

We try to keep this community friendly. Just be careful in case a :walrii: gets loose somewhere on your computer screen, such as in topic #38 :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Hey there @hll9264 :) Glad you like our little community! Hope you stick around after getting your nspire stuff sorted out, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you have! :)

:walrii:
ceci n'est pas une signature

micken

Hi!

I am working as a embedded engineer, mostly with Linux but also with small mcu's. I am relatively new to hacking calculators. I did some Lua demos for the Nspire last year. You can find them on youtube channel (Michael Grunditz).
I have also been tinkering with assembler for my TI-84+.

Araidia

Quote from: micken on March 04, 2016, 03:17:06 PM
Hi!

I am working as a embedded engineer, mostly with Linux but also with small mcu's. I am relatively new to hacking calculators. I did some Lua demos for the Nspire last year. You can find them on youtube channel (Michael Grunditz).
I have also been tinkering with assembler for my TI-84+.
Welcome to the forums, @micken !
I've actually never heard of your job before ;D, what do you in it?
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

micken

Quote from: Araidia on March 04, 2016, 03:34:43 PM
Welcome to the forums, @micken !
I've actually never heard of your job before ;D, what do you in it?

I work with Linux on various SOCs mainly Freescale NXP , If you are interested in that you can read my blog: mickens.blogspot.com .

aetios

Welcome to the forums, @micken! I'd love to see what you come up with :D
By the way, I edited your above post to make the link work :)

micken

Quote from: aeTIos on March 04, 2016, 06:12:18 PM
Welcome to the forums, @micken! I'd love to see what you come up with :D
By the way, I edited your above post to make the link work :)

Oh so I can post links? In that case:
Plasma:

Stars:

aetios

Ooh, that's really cool! You should make a demo in C one time and run it with Ndless.

micken

Quote from: aeTIos on March 04, 2016, 06:35:44 PM
Ooh, that's really cool! You should make a demo in C one time and run it with Ndless.

Perhaps. I wanted to see how far I could push Lua. I can do a much higher resolution plasma, but that locks up the system and runs in like 1 frame each 5 seconds.

MPower

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I see some of you have come across my HP Prime 3D Racer game. It's my fourth serious Prime project after a solitaire card game, a Chip-8 emulator and Turing machine emulator. You can find those at the HPCC web site that I'm the web master for. Click on the Prime on the front page and scroll down to the bottom for the programs and club magazine articles.

I've been playing with programmable calculators since around 1978. I've progressed through the Commodore P50, TI-57, Casio fx-502p, Casio fx-702p, HP-41CV, HP-41CX, HP-71B, HP-48SX, HP-48GX and now I'm onto the HP Prime. My wife has a HP-32SII (she's a programmer and RPN girl). My eldest daughter has a HP-39gII. My youngest daughter has yet to be converted from her iPad mini and Galaxy S5, but I'm sure as Maths gets more fun for her she'll be twisting my arm.

I've recently found my old Casio MG-880, still working, still with its original batteries in my bedroom at my Mum and Dad's house. Brilliant game! I must write one of those for the HP-41 when I get some time.

If anyone is in London on the second Saturday of the month do come along to Imperial College and meet the HPCC crew. Details on our web site. Better still join up and get the club magazine posted to you - how old school is that!

Have fun.

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome to the forums. Glad to see another HP Prime game programmer too, by the way. Also I think I saw your CHIP-8 emulator but it was an older version. I still need to try the newer ones. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

PT_

Hello!

I'm PT_, and an active member of Cemetech and sometimes TIPlanet as well. Now had I made a nice project, so DJ_O said to me to post it on CodeWalrus as well, so yeah, that is what I'm trying :D

Dudeman313

Welcome to CodeWalrus, @PT_  !
I hope you feel welcome in this wonderful :walrii: land of tech.  :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."