Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJCubed

Hey, this is jsj795 from Omnimaga :P
Just thought I would register and stop by. Also I got a new TI-84+SE, since the one I had was left in Korea (I'm hoping to get it back around next summer when I go back). I might or might not get back into calculator programming, but hopefully I will
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya jsj and nice to see you again in the community. I hope you enjoy your stay and regain interest (and time) to make a game again in the future. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Quote from: SJCubed on September 29, 2015, 07:58:16 AM
Hey, this is jsj795 from Omnimaga :P
Just thought I would register and stop by. Also I got a new TI-84+SE, since the one I had was left in Korea (I'm hoping to get it back around next summer when I go back). I might or might not get back into calculator programming, but hopefully I will
Heya, been a while since I saw you around :) Regardless of your getting back into calc programming, be sure to stick around as there's lots of other cool things going on here. We have a telegram chat and IRC but you probably figured that out already.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Unicorn

Welcome SJ!  I hope you stick around for more :walrii:'ness. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

SJCubed

Thanks guys :) I'm actually going through my source code for the RPG I was making, and figuring out what it's supposed to do  :w00t:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE

Luxen

Hey, all! Luxen De'Mark here. I've been active in the TI community for ~4 years now, and am now starting to reach out to new devices for game design. I mainly registered as a response to 'microcat', but the community looks nice, and you may see me stick around for a bit longer.

I'm a Game Designer, Librarian, Furniture refinisher (bleck!), and hobbyist of sorts. Oh, and big-time procrastinator. Just poke me if i pause on a project.

Stuffs i'm working on:
InDimension - PC/Android arcade game
Tanks 2 - 84CE arcade game
Dark Worlds Empires series - all of the above
Ignition - programming language
PlotLib - a set of example tools to help new programmers use plotsprites in ti-basic, targetting the 84CE
  • Calculators owned: TI-83, Ti-83+, Ti-84+, Ti-84+CE, TI-86, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

Welcome to the forums. You will find that some users here are quite into non-calc stuff too so hopefully you find quite a lot of interesting stuff here. :)

Also I think I saw PlotLib before. It reminded me of what someone did with the Casio FX-9860G but I wasn't sure if plot sprites were possible in TI-BASIC while still using lines to interconnect each dot and without having each sprite being connected together. I also hope that DarkestEx can achieve his goals with Microcat since the idea is quite nice (but hard to pull of, of course).

I hope you enjoy your stay here :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Luxen

PlotLib doesnt connect each plot with lines; during sprite creation, you throw an x1y1 x2y2 coords of a picture at it (rectangular selection area of Pic1) and it records every pixel that isnt white as ON to L1 and L2. then, when you draw the sprite using scatterplot, it just recalles those pixels. Im sure using xyline instead of scatter would acheive lower sprite sizes, but was beyond the scope of the project (introducing plotsprites to newer programmers).

Of course, getting 2 sprites to display at the same time was horrendous at first, cause I didnt use augment, but instead manually added, one by one, every single list element to the cumulative lists.

Now the thing im working on with this is bypassing the 999-point cap. Lists have a maximum of 999 points, then you cant add more data. still not sure what to do; i had an idea, but it wasnt working right. Ill topic it when I get back to it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83, Ti-83+, Ti-84+, Ti-84+CE, TI-86, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see. I was more wondering for larger sprites (eg 16x16 or 24x24. I generally use dual-layer ASCII since I can render entire rows of sprites instantly, but sometimes they can be limited since there are some sprites that are impossible using this technique and it requires a picture.

mauriciomunuera

Thanks for the tips, DJ Omnimaga!
That's true, the display is tricky. But there's also a way around a problem (even if it's an unusual and maybe crude solution. Here in Brazil we call it "gambiarra").
Yes, precisely! Voyager 200. It's such a nice calculator, and I like the keyboard.

Oh, don't say that, Streetwalrus! lol
I'm really hoping for the Prime price to drop. It's around 799 Reais here, which is A LOT.
The 50G used to cost around 500 here. When the Prime came out, it dropped to 250, 300 Reais.

Thank you, Cumred_Snektron! :)

Welcome, semiprocoder and mrhoola!

Whoa, Luxen, that's very nice. I'm very interested in your projects.
  • Calculators owned: HP 35s, HP 50g, HP 20s, HP 10s+, TI 84+CSE, TI 82, Novus Mathematician, Sharp EL-8103

Dream of Omnimaga

Brazil electronics tend to be very expensive due to taxes, right? Because I heard that the Playstation 3 costed over 8 times its USA price so most people stuck with the Playstation 2.

Max Leiter

I thought I already posted here, but apparently not. I'm Max, I'm kind of new to the calculator community (or anything related to calculators/low-level programming lol). I'm a sophomore in highschool, and atm I'm working on my understanding of low-level stuff like assembly/CPU's. Over the summer I really worked on and enjoyed Javascript but am kind of tired of it right now, so I moved onto KnightOS (which I think is super cool).

o/ everyone

Dream of Omnimaga

Strange, I was sure that you did post here but thanks for the intro :). I'm glad to see you around and that you are interested in programming, especially calculators and assembly. I wish you good luck and I hope that you enjoy your stay. :)

garvalf

hello,

I make chiptune music, pixel art, so I thought this forum might be of interest for me. I want also to participate to the 1-bit contest with HT2 ;)

I like also interactive fiction games, old computers such as ZX Spectrum or Atari ST...
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ fr, TI-82
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: c64, zx spectrum, atari st, sega megadrive, sega master system, nintendo NES, gameboy...

Araidia

I guess I'm a bit late one this, but I'll still make one nonetheless:

Heyo,

I am currently a highschool student who just stumbled upon CW when I was searching for a calculator game. This site wasn't even blocked by my school, which probably explains how I'm on 24/7. I am trying to learn TI BASIC when I have the spare time.

I enjoy computer games, Nationstates, and Clash of Clans.
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard