Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[HTML5][javascript] Platformer game

Started by ben_g, July 07, 2015, 10:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Oh, it is grayed out xD
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Yeah, but it should be cool,eventually with community levels and community highscores...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

That would be awesome, I wonder if I could play it on my mom's tablet since it has a keyboard with arrows on it...

Unicorn

Well, he doesn't turn off the game if you are on a mobile device... you should try!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

It works!!! I think the clock runs a little fast because I usually get througt the tutorial in ~1:30 and I got throught at 3:00 xD
And the speed isn't that bad at all.

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 23, 2015, 02:50:25 PM
It works!!! I think the clock runs a little fast because I usually get througt the tutorial in ~1:30 and I got throught at 3:00 xD
Awesome! I know on this one computer I played it on, it went super-fast and it wasn't' even winnable O.O

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Lol, I think that @ben_g needs to keep the speed in check somehow :)

WAITth metions work on my mom's tablet O.O I wonder if they are fixed!!!!!

Unicorn

Oh yeah, there was  permissions error. I can do it now to @alexgt

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Oh, glad it was fixed xD

Unicorn

Indeed, and I cant wait for the level editor!!!!1

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ben_g

Quote from: Unicorn on July 22, 2015, 04:32:05 PM
I think that'll happen:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
I'm working on it. I was at a scouts camp this week, so there was no progress during that time. It may take a while though.

Quote from: alexgt on July 23, 2015, 02:50:25 PM
The clock should be more or less accurate, since it's based on the system time, not calculated by counting frames. The speed of the game itself can indeed vary though, since it assumes that the screen updates at 60fps. I will fix this when I'm doing the fine tuning at the end of the public beta.

BTW: as you guys mentioned, the game does run on many mobile devices, though it's usually not playable because there often is no keyboard. I'm planning to add on-screen buttons to allow the game to be played trough a touchscreen. I don't know when that will happen though, since it's rather hard for me to debug since I don't own a smartphone.

CKH4

Nice, I'm still getting around to playing it but that would make me play it sooner.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I noticed that it worked on mobile, like Lexaloffle's PICO-8 but then I went like "oh wait! How am I supposed to play with no keyboard? XD

Is there a way in games to make the virtual keypad appear on mobile devices? That would not solve the lack of arrows problem, though.

As for game speed, make sure that it's capped, even if it runs a bit slower on older computers and devices. If it's entirely dependent on computer speed and the speed is not capped, then the game will be completely unplayable on computers released in 2021 or later.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Great! I'm looking forward to making levels! A smartphone version would also be nice :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 26, 2015, 01:14:29 AM
Yeah I noticed that it worked on mobile, like Lexaloffle's PICO-8 but then I went like "oh wait! How am I supposed to play with no keyboard? XD

In the science museum of Paris there was an info PC which read "Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue"
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...