Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Spaze Invaders v1.0.1 (TI-84+CSE & CE)

Started by JamesV, February 16, 2016, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesV

As a quick little side project, I've started porting my TI-84+CSE port of Movax's Spaze Invaders over to the newer TI-84+CE. This shouldn't take too long :)

Dudeman313

Cool! So Zargul, Thunderbirds CE, Alien Breed CE and now this, makes 4 projects you're working on at once for the CE. Plus Snail Maze makes 5 total, right? I think if you finish all these, you will have been the current most contributing author of CE games as of now. I don't know about what's on TI-Planet and such, but on Cemetech and here, no author has made that many. Congrats! :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

JamesV

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 16, 2016, 01:29:20 PM
Cool! So Zargul, Thunderbirds CE, Alien Breed CE and now this, makes 4 projects you're working on at once for the CE. Plus Snail Maze makes 5 total, right? I think if you finish all these, you will have been the current most contributing author of CE games as of now. I don't know about what's on TI-Planet and such, but on Cemetech and here, no author has made that many. Congrats! :P
Maybe - although who knows what other projects other people are working on that they haven't announced yet. We'll see if I manage to get all these finished! Zargul I haven't touched in nearly a year, but I still have every intention of getting back to it. I also have another smallish arcade type game that I've started plans on for the CE, but I haven't written any code yet.

To be honest, I have a list of potential projects that I'd like to get done over the next few years, but this is probably a bit ambitious on my part :P These are all TI-84+CE projects (with Alien Breed & Thunderbirds also being 83+/84+ compatible as well).

Dream of Omnimaga

Glad to see Spaze Invaders being ported. Do you think you will be able to use the full screen with new sprites since that calc is faster or do you plan to stick to the current resolution?

And lol at your project list. At first I thought that was an HP Prime screenshot (using a different skin) because of the layout being used and the fonts, so I thought you were porting some to that calc as well. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

*Dudeman313 looks at project list's lenght*
*Vibrates with anticipation*

*Notices dates*
*Sighs*
The answer is "Sure."

JamesV

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 16, 2016, 10:51:39 PM
Glad to see Spaze Invaders being ported. Do you think you will be able to use the full screen with new sprites since that calc is faster or do you plan to stick to the current resolution?

And lol at your project list. At first I thought that was an HP Prime screenshot (using a different skin) because of the layout being used and the fonts, so I thought you were porting some to that calc as well. :P
My intention is essentially to just port the CSE version "as is". Mainly because I can the play screen, etc. to be the same scale and feel as the TI-83 original. However I have tossed up the idea of having an alternative "HD" mode in future versions, where it's full screen with higher detail graphics. This would probably just be on the CE though.

A HP? Ewwww... Haha j/k :)

Dudeman313

Oooo! HD! Then I can show off my CE even more than I already do! :P
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 17, 2016, 01:24:18 AM
*Vibrates with anticipation*
Wait what? O.O

Quote from: JamesV on February 17, 2016, 02:47:10 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 16, 2016, 10:51:39 PM

My intention is essentially to just port the CSE version "as is". Mainly because I can the play screen, etc. to be the same scale and feel as the TI-83 original. However I have tossed up the idea of having an alternative "HD" mode in future versions, where it's full screen with higher detail graphics. This would probably just be on the CE though.

A HP? Ewwww... Haha j/k :)
Ah ok. And yeah I was suggesting because that's a very small screen we got there, and utilizing all of it would probably reduce headaches from playing games that only takes a small portion of the screen like we had on the Game Boy Micro :P

Also lol HP Prime basic language beats CSE ASM in speed by far :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm unsure how this is relevant to the current discussion Dudeman. ???

Dudeman313

I can't quote from my Nokia, I'm supposed to be asleep at 12:30 AM, but if I was at my computer, I would've quoted the beginning of your previous post.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. It's generally best to add context to your posts, even if not the direct quote, to be understood, and generally it's best to also add to the original topic discussion.

JamesV

It's coming along pretty quick - hopefully I can have it finished by next week.

Dudeman313

Nice! I just got back online, and it seems like from the time I was last online, the amount of CE games released started exponential growth! :D
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks very good, as always, James. :) ANd yeah Dudeman313, if CW users also take interest in making CE games, then I think there will be many to come.