Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Font Editor for TI-84+ CE???

Started by Dudeman313, February 01, 2016, 01:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 03, 2016, 07:56:11 PM
I found a prgm in the Cemetech forum that is supposed to speed up my CE and enable lowercase letters. I'm wondering how to do the lowercase letters alone.  :-|
Why don't you want to speed up your calc as well? Just install it!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dudeman313

I did! It works! But I still want @Hayleia 's calculator font on my CE. It looks so cool!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

If it's the speed-up program I am thinking of, I assume it gets disabled everytime the calc goes in deep-sleep mode, right? I wonder if it makes games like First Fantasy run faster or if it only improves archiving/unarchiving speed like that program for the monochrome models?

Anyway the only one who could port the font thing to the CE is @Cumred_Snektron and I don't think he plans to do it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Does it have a font hook?
EDIT: appearantly it does, not sure how one would implement it, since the location of programs will always be changing. there is also some _Load_Sfont bcall which might be interesting, but i have no idea how one would use it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

@Cumred_Snektron Hooks are different in the way that you are using 8xp programs usually running from RAM instead of Flash apps. Kerm might know more how to do it since he successfully implemented many parser hook-based stuff in Doors CE 9. Apparently, hooks installed from programs are kinda akward.

You could always make a topic about how to use that command, though. Perhaps one of our ASM coders could help.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

I think you can only use hooks inside the program. So for parser hooks that wouldnt really be a problem since you'd activate it when your program starts and stop it when it stops. But a font hook needs to run outside of programs too. The only way i'd know how to do that is to put the hook code on some empty piece of ram, but the user wouldn't be able to use that ram in his programs.

Dream of Omnimaga

I think I would be fine with that. Perhaps the font could be enabled inside games or something. Also there is 150 KB user RAM anywau.

Dudeman313

Speaking of hooks, would it be possible to recreate Clock Hook 2 for the CE?
The answer is "Sure."

Snektron

What hook? i never heard of a "Clock hook 2"

Dudeman313

Look on ticalc.org. It's for the TI-84+ and shows the time and date in the place of your choice on your calculator.
The answer is "Sure."

Snektron

Oh thats not a hook name, its just a program with "hook" in its name. It probably uses the homescrteen hook or something. So its the same story, you'd need to put the code somewhere in the ram.

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."