Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CWick Contest #1: 140 characters

Started by Yuki, September 24, 2015, 04:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which entry is your favourite?

brentmaas
0 (0%)
Ivoah
3 (50%)
SJCubed
2 (33.3%)
utz
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 10, 2015, 08:07:26 PM

Yuki

Woo, we have at least 3 contestants, after all ^_^

Told ya, it don't have to be really fancy.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome. I thought the contest already ended so I didn',t think there would be any more entries.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

Wow this is so surprising. How did ou guys manage to cram something into 140 bytes, cause I just couldn't. Of course it is easier in ti basic but still.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

SiphonicSugar

Ah man! I forgot completely about this! I keep wanting to do it but I get distracted!
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

novenary

Quote from: semiprocoder on September 30, 2015, 08:08:13 PM
Wow this is so surprising. How did ou guys manage to cram something into 140 bytes, cause I just couldn't. Of course it is easier in ti basic but still.
The problem with Nspire lua is that you have to provide a lot of functions to be able to do anything and just the names take space already. In non event-based languages you just feed commands into it. Also TI basic has the advantage of having tokens which condense several characters into one or two bytes.

By the way I was wondering, how would you count asm written with an hex editor ? :trollface:

Yuki

Asm by itself is tokenized directly into a binary.

Also, the contest came to its end (today at 12:00pm EST because of some confusion over the end time and I wasn't there at midnight to officially close the contest), thanks for participating! I'll count the results in the next few days and announce the results and another fun contest soon!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

semiprocoder

Will it be a poll we can vote on for the best program?

Yuki

Oh, that would be a good idea. Looking at that after I looked at the entries and judged them.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

SJCubed

I would like to try out other people's entries as well :) Provided I can run it >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE

semiprocoder

Yeah hopefully no ti 84 plus cse or ce programs cause I don't have those.

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Four of them. Not bad.

By the way I'm streaming stuff right now on here, please join: http://twitch.tv/juju2143

EDIT: Thanks for joining the stream, the entries are here, you can now vote in the OP for which entry you prefer and the results will be announced on CWick Contest #2!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice actually. I didn't have time to join the stream, unfortunately, but I'll check the entries soon. :)

Yuki

The recording is on my Twitch channel and soon on YouTube.

EDIT:
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool! You should put it in the first post :) When the results are out you could make a news showing them and the video, and a link to this thread, saying stay tuned for future contests. Try to space the contests out, though (eg not every week)