Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Colecovision] (NSFW) Copyright Infringement - The Regressive Right

Started by gameblabla, May 24, 2017, 03:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

Bukake is challenging you to the greatest challenge mankind has ever faced : Gay sex.

It's now your job to penetrate Siciel and win his heart through rape attempts & penetration.
Will you be able to fool him ?
Or is he going to dump you and tell everyone about it ?

FIND OUT IN COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT : THE REGRESSIVE RIGHT !!!

Downloads
Download ROM
Video

I'm planning on expanding the game in the future.

Technical details
Spoiler
This Colecovision homebrew game was programmed in C with the help of SDDC.
Unlike my other CV games, this game was tested/programmed on mah linux PC. (ubuntu with upstart/ossv4)

This game is a MegaCART game, taking advantage of the 512ko of storage available.
However, it does not make use of it entirely and the bankswitching method used here has some limitations...
Only a few Colecovision emulators can emulate MegaCART and only CoolCV can emulate them properly.
This does not require the Super Game Module however, unlike most expanded CV games by Collectorvision or PixelBoy.

The FMV stuff is uncompressed and it's uploaded at NMI time to avoid video corruption/freezes.
It runs at about 6 FPS, with additional artifacts due to the slow VRAM and need to sync with NMI.
[close]

[EDIT by DJ]Changed [NSFW] tag to (NSFW) because it wasn't showing up in WalrusIRC post notifications D:
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting. About the MegaCART being emulatable by only a few Colecovisions, do you mean the real console? Also those graphics seems kinda impressive given most Colecovision games has that sprite-based 80's arcade feel to them rather than full pics. :)

Also your video doesn't work in Opera/Chromium. It just shows a white rectangle at the top and black at the bottom. VLC Media Player cannot play it either (it says the undf format is unsupported)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

QuoteInteresting. About the MegaCART being emulatable by only a few Colecovisions, do you mean the real console?
I'm sorry, i made a mistake. I meant Colecovision emulators. The real console can play MegaCart games just fine without any mods.

QuoteAlso those graphics seems kinda impressive given most Colecovision games has that sprite-based 80's arcade feel to them rather than full pics. :)
Yup, especially with the 2-color limitations per 8-pixels block !
I actually kind of cheated using sprites to mask the flaws, see how its supposed to look like without sprites :

And wait until you see the actual game, it's full-screen animated FMV !
Never seen before on Coleco ! (almost...)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 24, 2017, 03:39:30 AM
Also your video doesn't work in Opera/Chromium. It just shows a white rectangle at the top and black at the bottom. VLC Media Player cannot play it either (it says the undf format is unsupported)
Here's the video in MP4: https://gameblabla.nl/files/bakura_cv.mp4
Hopefully you won't get weird issues x_x

Dream of Omnimaga

This video doesn't work either. D: Still a black screen in Opera, and while VLC can play it, all it shows is a gray screen with occasional artifacts of slightly colored gray at similar contrast. In Windows Media Player it only shows a black screen. D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 24, 2017, 04:15:56 AM
This video doesn't work either. D: Still a black screen in Opera, and while VLC can play it, all it shows is a gray screen with occasional artifacts of slightly colored gray at similar contrast. In Windows Media Player it only shows a black screen. D:
It beats me why it doesn't work. It does on my side x_x
Here's the link to youtube (18+ restricted) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSGuZ0EAP_8

Dream of Omnimaga

Probably because the video uses a Linux-only codec or something?

Anyway I am speechless at the fact you actually managed to get a Colecovision to play video O.O

Also I edited your post because SSL somehow blocked the video so I put an URL

Yuki

This is one of the only games to feature full motion video on a Colecovision and you use it to show gay c.

Nice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, the video quality improved drastically @gameblabla now. They probably only processed the 240p stream when I last checked. I kinda like the VHS tape artifact effects lol.

Also what Juju said <_<

EDIT Also I added this to the downloads section. I almost want to front page this due to the fact you managed to achieve FMV on a coleco and that no other games seems to do it, but I'm not too thrilled about having c on the front page XD

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 24, 2017, 05:08:18 AM
EDIT Also I added this to the downloads section. I almost want to front page this due to the fact you managed to achieve FMV on a coleco and that no other games seems to do it, but I'm not too thrilled about having pr0n on the front page XD
It's not even in the downloads :(
And the post itself is not NSFW so technically it does not violate dah rules
WHICH MEANS YOU MUST FEATURE IT NOW !!!!

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, I swear I added it earlier. I guess I just added the Coleco tag and forgot to clone the topic :P

As for adding it the main issue was that the video is in the first post :P

But seriously, watching anime on a 1979 game console is just unreal :O, especially after watching videos of old Colecovision games with much inferior (but still cool) graphics

gameblabla

Bump.
Atariage had deleted the thread i made about the game.
They did not send any notices on why they did this. The thread got 8 replies before it got SHUTDOWN because of muslims entering the US
Here's a cache by Google :
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://atariage.com/forums/topic/265907-something-im-working-on/

Anyway, Daniel Bienvenu (a Colecovision dev who made several games like Jespers Creppers and Dacman) thought fullscreen FMVs were not possible
on the Colecovision and congratulated me on the technical achievement.
The ironic part is that this was mostly thanks to libcv's fast memory copy routines as the other routines were much slower. (too slow for FMV)

I also got the confirmation that the game works properly on real hardware.

Can't wait to see the game put on cart and sold on Ebay

Dream of Omnimaga

Too bad about the deletion. I can't say I am surprised but I actually managed to view the thread when it had two replies or so. Normally on CW we don't allow adult content but there are exceptions such as this game where said content is harder to access, the NSFW warnings and the fact it's a technical achievement, which is why it was not deleted. Plus nowadays people knows how to spot adult content and not click on it. :P But I'm glad some people recognized the technical side of this and I thought it was funny that the first game to achieve FMV on a Coleco is 18+ :P

p2

meh deleting a topic without any notice REALLY sucks... :(
Must feel really bad after u worked in a project for a long time and they just decide to delete it...  :'(

btw that webcache link is no longer working... :/
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

gameblabla

Source code on github was not building by default due to some mistake.
I fixed that and i also added more instructions on how to build it with a patched SDCC.

Source code is  here (forgot to link it for some reason) :
https://github.com/gameblabla/copyright_infringement

Also, i had a discussion with a global moderator and he told me he does what the hell he wants to
and that i was "welcome" to do something else instead.
So no dice :(