Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How to recover TI-Nspire Lua's timer after turning off screen

Started by lazydogP, October 10, 2016, 03:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazydogP

I want to write a tiny game which needs players wait for a while. But when turing off screen, the timer will be freezed if the timer has been set fast. How to avoid this issue? Or how to recover the timer?
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.

p2

I assume running programs are paused during standby and stuff (black screen).
Maybe you could try to compare it to the calc's time settings (what time was it before turnng it off, what time is it now)
But that'd make it easy to manipulate your game.
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

lazydogP

Quote from: p2 on October 10, 2016, 03:33:57 PM
Maybe you could try to compare it to the calc's time settings (what time was it before turnng it off, what time is it now)
But that'd make it easy to manipulate your game.
Yeah. It's better to use this if time is so long. However, some animations need timer and timer is freezed, so the game seems stopped but if you refresh the screen manually (eg. switch to home page and come back, switch to another tab(TI calls it 'problem') or just press 'Doc' key), the new content can be shown.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Not really, the timer can be an odd thing sometimes.

(Also, a tab is called a 'Page', or more interally 'Activity' IIRC. A 'Problem' is one or more pages together, and defines the scope of a symbol table... (and maybe timers? I don't know about that.))
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua