Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Codewalrus USerstyle

Started by Unicorn, May 04, 2016, 04:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Hey Everyone! I had been converting all of the websites I used to a sort of galaxy themeing, and I decided ot make a Codewalrus one!

Here's the link to it, though the forums look kinda bad, if you check it out. https://userstyles.org/styles/127443/codewalr-us-galaxy-theme

If anyone wants a different background or just something different, let me know, I may make one for you!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

To be honest I think there is too much transparency and I think the text should remain the same color or be more green, but maybe that's just me. The logo is an issue too but that logo will most likely see some edits in the future anyway (eg probably remove the weird translucent stuff and replace it with something else)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 04, 2016, 04:49:34 AM
To be honest I think there is too much transparency and I think the text should remain the same color or be more green, but maybe that's just me. The logo is an issue too but that logo will most likely see some edits in the future anyway (eg probably remove the weird translucent stuff and replace it with something else)
I like the transparency, but that is just users preference, I think.
The links needed to be changed because the Blue just blended in to much with the background. I actually like the way to logo looks with the Userstyle as well :)

I just fixed quotes up and the forum browseing as well.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

My main issue with the logo is that in this case, its transparency is not high enough. But that's more due to a flaw in my logo design than anything else. That logo never looked very good on dark backgrounds.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 04, 2016, 05:13:47 AM
My main issue with the logo is that in this case, its transparency is not high enough. But that's more due to a flaw in my logo design than anything else. That logo never looked very good on dark backgrounds.
Oh, yes I see now... That would be an easy fix, though :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, I would probably just need to make the effect darker or lighter, but increase transparency to much higher levels so that it looks similar on white, but  doesn't look so weird in my MaxCoderz signature and such stuff.

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Ivoah

Looks nice! I'm going to try using it for a bit. One issue though is WIRC, every other line is solid
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Unicorn

Thanks, guys!

Ivoah, about WalrusIRC, the reson it does that is because every other line the color is taken from the background. I'm not sure how I would be able to fix it, though.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Looks nice Unicorn! but I prefer the original CW theme though.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

YEah same actually, although this still looks cool I guess. For CW, we tried to go with a simple theme, while still trying to not look too boring and not just use a default theme with just the background recolored.

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 05, 2016, 05:13:56 PM
YEah same actually, although this still looks cool I guess. For CW, we tried to go with a simple theme, while still trying to not look too boring and not just use a default theme with just the background recolored.
Yeah, I like the main theme as well, the simpleness is a main plus.

Thanks, alexgt!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

aetios

The only thing that I see that kinda break your userstyle are the logo and the WIRC solid/transparent lines. Otherwise looks quite nice. Would fit well on an ipad/apple device :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

Looks pretty nice, Unicorn! :)

lrn 2 use interpunction
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Thanks, guys! I wonder what else I could do...

??? ??? ??? ??? ???