Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The "MARK UNREAD" button...

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 26, 2014, 09:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Use it. :P

Something I notice on forums is that when somebody reads a topic but is too busy to reply immediately, he just leaves then eventually forgets the topic, potentially missing out on very important stuff. I know I myself do it on Cemetech because it lacks a Mark Unread option. But it seems like very few people actually use such option around the community.

If you notice the options to the right above and below the topic view, you have REPLY, ADD POLL, NOTIFY then MARK UNREAD buttons. :) Basically, if you read a topic it is marked as read by default, but if you click MARK UNREAD it will save it for later by marking it as unread, so you won't forget to check again and reply later. :P

It will also make other people happy as they won't wonder if you are ignoring them or something.

I hope this helps you foruming. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Sounds like a good idea. I usually keep the tab open when I'm too busy.

TIfanx1999

I actually love mark unread for just such reasons. It lets me easily come back to something if i don't have the time to write out a full reply. :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah same. I used to keep the tabs open but then I kept accidentally closing my browser windows so I stopped. I wish Mark Unread was available in Tapatalk too, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U