Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-Nspire] [lua] Pac-Attack!

Started by LD Studios, November 20, 2015, 11:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LD Studios

Pac - Attack combines elements of Pacman and Tetris for a unique experience!

Controls:
Left / 4: Move block left
Right / 6: Move block right
Up / 8: Rotate block
Down / 5 / 2: Speed up time
Enter / Escape: Pause

You will unlock new ghosts/backdrops by getting higher scores.
Score 500 in Normal to unlock Hard.

Compatible with OS 3.1+, Tested on OS 3.6, 4.0

https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=867.0

semiprocoder

Really cool game! Although I've never played this before, I think I get the point. How do you delete wood though? Also upon me losing and pressing an arrow key I had a crash on line 224. You probably reset the var map but didn't update states yet or something, I'm not sure, but anyways, just reporting this.
EDIT: after a few more tries I have experienced this issue once again, but it didn't happen upon me losing, it just happened randomly when I moved left once too far, although it usually does not crash. It was the same line of code though, and as before it is probably passed not in bounds of map array.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

LD Studios

Quote from: semiprocoder on November 20, 2015, 11:29:17 PM
Really cool game! Although I've never played this before, I think I get the point. How do you delete wood though? Also upon me losing and pressing an arrow key I had a crash on line 224. You probably reset the var map but didn't update states yet or something, I'm not sure, but anyways, just reporting this.
Strange, I don't get this crash...
To delete wood, fill up an entire row, and it will collapse (much like in standard tetris)

alexgt

O.O looks wonderful, great concept ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks really nice and fun. I wonder how do you delete ghosts but I guess I'll have to play it to figure out. :P This is also now on the front page. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

LD Studios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 21, 2015, 06:35:32 AM
Looks really nice and fun. I wonder how do you delete ghosts but I guess I'll have to play it to figure out. :P This is also now on the front page. :)
Thanks, and as you can see in the screenshot, ghosts are eliminated by dropping pacmen on them

semiprocoder

I know I shouldn't be asking it here, but how do you record gifs of nspire gameplay?
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

LD Studios

Quote from: semiprocoder on November 22, 2015, 02:16:29 AM
I know I shouldn't be asking it here, but how do you record gifs of nspire gameplay?
There's nothing built in to do it, you need to use external screen recording software while running the nspire program on Student Software or some other emulator.

123outerme

Look great LD Studios! I can see you either watched the Game Grumps episode of this or really enjoy Tetris spin-offs :P
Although I can't play it, makes me long for an Nspire!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: LD Studios on November 21, 2015, 12:15:47 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 21, 2015, 06:35:32 AM
Thanks, and as you can see in the screenshot, ghosts are eliminated by dropping pacmen on them
Yeah I know but I was more wondering how you turned the ghosts blue.

My favorite way to record Nspire screenshots is Camstudio. Then I use VirtualDub to convert the result to GIF.

EDIT: By the way @LD Studios I edited your first post so that it uses a static screenshot that goes to the original when clicked, because I noticed it was 21 MB large. O.O Ideally it's better to link to screenshots when they are large.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

LD Studios

Quote from: 123outerme on November 22, 2015, 03:16:27 AM
Look great LD Studios! I can see you either watched the Game Grumps episode of this or really enjoy Tetris spin-offs :P
Although I can't play it, makes me long for an Nspire!
Or I had Pac-Man collection on GBA :P

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 22, 2015, 06:04:06 AM
Yeah I know but I was more wondering how you turned the ghosts blue.
They automatically turn blue when a pacman spawns

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 22, 2015, 06:04:06 AM
EDIT: By the way @LD Studios I edited your first post so that it uses a static screenshot that goes to the original when clicked, because I noticed it was 21 MB large. O.O Ideally it's better to link to screenshots when they are large.
Okay, not a problem

alexgt

I use OBS and convert it with any converter :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Does Pac Man spawn automatically, randomly or by doing some stuff in particular?

LD Studios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 22, 2015, 11:12:34 PM
Does Pac Man spawn automatically, randomly or by doing some stuff in particular?
Every eighth drop is a pacman