Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

My Android games

Started by gameblabla, September 24, 2016, 04:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

KillMinds is a puzzle game i worked on based on SupraKillMinds by Jack Nolddor for the Sega Genesis, itself based on Quartet.
Basically, you have to fill the 4 spots with a piece of a square given to you.
A single full color square will get you 300 points : anything will get you 30 points.
You can also chain multiple full color squares and have your score being multiplied !

The game is available for Android on the Google Play market, and Sailfish OS.
The Firefox OS is finished and currently waiting to be approved by Mozilla. (in 40 working days ! yay...)

The game is also available for Ti Nspire CX, 3DO (as part of the Gameblabla's Crappy Compilation) and the NUON.
I plan ports for Tizen and Ubuntu Mobile.

I also want to let you know that the mobile version has some improvements compared to the nspire version.
Let me know what you think !
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

gameblabla

It finally got approved by Jolla !
KillMinds is now available for Sailfish OS devices and it already got 100 downloads, even though i spent nothing in advertising.
In comparaison, the Android version only got 2 downloads... and they are both from my family members.

Meanwhile, the Firefox OS is still waiting to be approved by Mozilla...
It should be available in November of this year due to how sluggish they are.

gameblabla

Here's my next Android/SailfishOS game that is soon going to be published :
Rubby Bird 100 !

You thought rubbing one bird was hard ? Then try with 100 of them !
You need to constanly rub the birds to keep them alive.
The more you make progress, the harder it gets and the birds are more likely to get killed as they become darker.

It will be available for Android on the Google Play Store and for SailfishOS devices.
Sadly, no Firefox OS version as Mozilla closed App submissions forever... (much sooner than they planned)
KillMinds is still going to be released, although only at the end of the next month.

KillMinds will be the last Firefox OS game on the Firefox OS MarketPlace.
(yay, where's my medal ?)

Despite submissions being closed for FxOS apps, i will still work on the browser version of this game.
Stay tuned !

Tander

that is some nice artwork   :love:

gameblabla

Thanks !
I was actually inspired by a Smosh video on Flappy Bird and they had a similar bird at the end.

Also, i have retranslated Rubby Bird 100 from C to Javascript. (like i did previously with KillMinds)
Sadly, it can't be released on Firefox OS but hopefully Juju will add it to the Arcade.

This browser version is almost identical to the native version except when the birds get darker,
it is pre-rendered instead.

Dream of Omnimaga

Those games are pretty fun to play but very hard O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

No source code ? I'm surprised, coming from you.
What language/library did you use for these ?

gameblabla

Quote from: Streetwalrus on October 25, 2016, 09:39:13 AM
No source code ? I'm surprised, coming from you.
What language/library did you use for these ?
Actually i did but i forgot to link them to you.
https://github.com/gameblabla/killminds
https://github.com/gameblabla/rubbybird100

I have not relesed my android build system but the same code is across all platforms.
All the games are programmed in C/SDL2 and the Javascript versions were re-translated from the C version.
(you can see some similiarities between the 2)

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, do you have plans for Opossum Massage Simulator for Android? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 28, 2016, 04:51:23 AM
On a side note, do you have plans for Opossum Massage Simulator for Android? :P
Now that you mentionned it...
I still need to change the control sheme for that game but yeah, it should be entirely possible now.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it shouldn't be too hard, because the game can be played with just 1 button. So just make it so touching the screen continues to the next screen or select options, then have it so touching the screen starts massaging or stops.

What would be funny, though, is if Google Play rules allows using pics of real people without their permission, then you could try releasing the game on Google Play before next Tuesday (not sure how long it takes to be approved?). It would be funny if the game came out just before US elections (November 8th) then Trump won. In any case don't forget to link to the original CSE game, though, so people are aware that the prediction is from almost a year ago :P

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 03, 2016, 06:27:29 PM
Yeah it shouldn't be too hard, because the game can be played with just 1 button. So just make it so touching the screen continues to the next screen or select options, then have it so touching the screen starts massaging or stops.
Well, i did a quick port with some modifications and it works just fine on my phone.
I published it on the Google Play Store and it should be soon available. (8 hours from now)

QuoteIt would be funny if the game came out just before US elections (November 8th) then Trump won. In any case don't forget to link to the original CSE game, though, so people are aware that the prediction is from almost a year ago :P
I forgot to link to your game but where should i link to ? Your thread ?
But yeah, i definitively don't want my prediction to become true :p

Dream of Omnimaga

Haha awesome. I downloaded it and will play it later :)