Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Unnamed(As of yet) Phoenix Inspired Pebble Arcade Shooter

Started by semiprocoder, August 29, 2016, 06:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

Nowerdays it doesnt matter anymore if something is a watch, a computer, a fridge, a toaster or whatever as more and more devices got pretty awesome hardware (internet of things).
For some houses you could actually say their fridge got a better CPU than their computer... <_<
I think we're gonna see more and more like that in the near future ;)
unless some dumb president decides to start a worldwar first and we all die ;P
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

My only issue is that with small screens, touchscreen controls are very bad for games that requires high amount of reflexes or precision. It depends of the touchscreen itself, though.

As for smartwatches, I wonder if anyone ever developed games for the Seiko UC-2100? Wearing this must have been weird XD

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--p_1IZySc--/17m6er01qsha7jpg.jpg
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

SiphonicSugar

This is really cool if i do say so myself. One of my friends had one of these watches on and I thought it was cool, but I did not know it was really cool until I saw that you can play games on it. That just blows my mind because you can play funner games on that around $100 watch when there are like no fun games on the $300 apple watch.  :thumbsup:  Looks like you are accomplishing things, I think... if I've read anything... not sure.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

And to think back in 1999 a watch with matrix monochrome screen with just basic functionalities such as timer costed that price. I can't imagine how expensive an actual smartwatch would have been back then.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Too much. That's probably why they were so unpopular.
The answer is "Sure."