Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Game mock-up graphics and ideas

Started by tr1p1ea, February 08, 2015, 06:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Plot twidst : every layer moves and change speed at random time and speed! :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Super Walrii Land : what do you mean it's not on drugs?

I would totally dig a Flappy bird with these graphisms! :p

Snektron

Im surprised theres no Flappy walrii yet O.O

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

actutally we already have al lthe sprites we would need, the game would be incredibly easy to do. Presto, someone do a flappy walrii!

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually I had such idea in mind a while ago, although more as a level in Super Walrii Land. You could move in all directions while flying but the stage would scroll constantly and the layout would be similar to Flappy Bird and all obstacles replaced with spikes.

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 24, 2015, 03:22:09 PM
that would be super weird O.O
Yes, although I noticed on an actual CRT TV it's not that bad. I played the SNES game that did that and it actually looks cool. On a computer, though, it seems worse.

That game came with special 3D glasses too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

That would be cool to have 3D games. I think there was one that use glasses for the N-Spire if I am not mistaken.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it was very simple though, with barely anything moving. I need to check how we do such thing. I know the HP Prime supports polygons with transparency so maybe I could attempt something with that one day...

Otherwise I can always create sprites or tilemaps that take advantage of such glasses. I think the glasses that came with the Jim Power game were not cyan red, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

This is an old mockup of what could Hexatron's hybrid BASIC color remake of Illusiat 11 could have looked like with some extra color enhancements:

Unfortunately, like all three previous Illusiat 11 remake projects, this one never came to fruition either.

The game tried to stick to the original map grid as much as possible, hence why it's not full screen. An Illusiat 6-7-style HUD was added on the side.

I assume that somebody could just do like some Dragon Slayer games or Shining in the Darkness and put the HUD around the screen or both at the bottom and right. The top could have the dungeon name, the right would have HP/MP/Exp/LV and the bottom some items/equipment, but it would depend of the game.

LD Studios

Snektron

Awesome! and is that a game you're making? :o

tr1p1ea

CKH4

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

That mockup is amazing! Zelda II remake or spinoff? :P