Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

More than 140 SNES Classic consoles to be released worldwide, at least 23 in USA

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 27, 2017, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

Quote from: guicrith on June 30, 2017, 05:46:11 PM
As long as a final version of starfox 2 is dumped from it I am good, I will just play it on my mac.
I want one but am not too excited to fail at getting one.
This. All we need is someone to dump the memory of this thing, upload it to a possibly-illicit website for downloading such things, and those of us who wish to download are good.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

tr1p1ea

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

123outerme

It sucks that Nintendo purposely undersold the NES Mini so much, I almost thought the OP was gonna have a link to a news article with the same title.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

GalacticPirate

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/snes_classic_edition_wont_be_sold_in_canadian_province_of_quebec
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :trollface:
Sorry, but Québec are humiliating themselves by overprotecting the French language, while they are in an English speaking country, talk a weird French, and... are not even France :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

Yuki

Well, I'm a Quebecer and yes, they're overprotecting the French language. Yes, we've been English subjects since 1763, and everyone always feared they would assimilate us, or even worse, assimilating ourselves. There's the OQLF, the French language office, to make sure our dialect of French is still a thing, to encourage correct use of it and discourage loan words from English as the French population of Montréal is shrinking with all these immigrants.

So yeah, it's taken real seriously cause we're a small French population surrounded by a huge English population.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

GalacticPirate

Sure, but it always seemed weird to m that they were even more serious about the language than the "original" French themselves. And to be honest, they take it often too far :P (Horrible movie titles I'm looking at you)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

Dream of Omnimaga

I think someone at the Office de la Langue Française had a power trip or bureaucracy has struck again

In any case they were probably gonna ship just 15 SNES Classic to Canada anyway
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

Why can Nintendo make more though? It doesn't seem fair that so little are being made...
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

GalacticPirate

My guess is that it isn't supposed to be a mass-produces console, only a nice one-time product, like a special gift or something. Plus they have to produce more and more Switches.

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Good news, both Toys R Us (just before going bankrupt) and Nintendo (through their RP in Québec) confirmed the SNES Classic is going to be available in Québec.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I was happy to see that. It was a stupid decision to not sell it in Quebec in the first place. I bet EB Games will have some if Toys R us goes under before the holiday shopping season.