Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

PICO-8 : Fantasy console

Started by Duke "Tape" Eiyeron, April 16, 2015, 08:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strontium

Lexaloffle released a huge list of keys on the Ludum dare website. I'm not sure if I should post the link, though, since it seems to be for Ludum Dare-ers only.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Ivoah

Quote from: Strontium on April 22, 2015, 08:25:35 PM
Lexaloffle released a huge list of keys on the Ludum dare website. I'm not sure if I should post the link, though, since it seems to be for Ludum Dare-ers only.

He posted a link to the pastebin with all the keys on twitter, and that's what I used.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Snektron

Ivoah

• Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Snektron

Thanks, i'll see if i can use that if i get home :D

Ivoah

Something I've been working on since yesterday:
There is a bug when you zoom past {0,0,0}, haven't fixed it yet.

cartridge attached

CKH4

That's very cool Ivoah, maybe I can use it with the ti basic 3d that I've been working on.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks nice Ivoah. Does it run smoother in real life than in the screenshot?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 25, 2015, 09:56:52 PM
Looks nice Ivoah. Does it run smoother in real life than in the screenshot?

Yes.

EDIT: I found another bug, if left spinning for a while, the cube will start to get skinnier and taller. It's probably due to rounding.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yup, to avoid such precision error IIRC you should use quaternions.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, is this language entirely dependent on the computer speed or are there ways to throttle speed to have everything run at the same speed on every platform?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

According to the docs, it should always run at 30 fps, unless your computer is too slow to render stuff at 30 fps, in that case the update function is ran twice at 15 fps.

Also, I wrote a script to import pictures into PICO-8, I should probably make a tutorial.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok but I was talking about execution speed, not the frame rate, unless you mean that a loop cannot loop more than 30 times per second?