Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

S.I.F.S. Super Intelligent Friend System [HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, May 17, 2015, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Well right now it is an idea and I am working on MinePrime for the first 2.0 release so this project will resume in a few days :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, when you scroll through the programs list, it flickers. You should perhaps use a GROB then only refresh the screen once you have updated the program list. It would also help if you made the current selection more visible, such as with a FILLPOLY rectangle on it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Does it flicker allot? I see it flickering for me but I hardly notice it when I am using it ???

Unicorn

Suggestion: Allow for different editors, for instance, a HP PPL one, and a TI BASIC one?
Would that work?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on July 13, 2015, 12:33:27 AM
Does it flicker allot? I see it flickering for me but I hardly notice it when I am using it ???
Yeah I notice quite a bit on-calc. It's generally better to not update the LCD directly, but rather paste everything into a GROB then only paste that GROB on the screen once done. It's not that bad, though, but it would look more professional without the flickering.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Not really given that this is for HP prime only. It might be doable but not feasible.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

Thought so, you would have to use the proccesor code to write that kind of thing, yeah?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CKH4

If you are talking about making it be able to edit code like ti basic but not tokenize it. Also running the code would be possible but someone would need some really good os code skills.

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 13, 2015, 03:27:34 AM
Quote from: alexgt on July 13, 2015, 12:33:27 AM
Yeah I notice quite a bit on-calc. It's generally better to not update the LCD directly, but rather paste everything into a GROB then only paste that GROB on the screen once done. It's not that bad, though, but it would look more professional without the flickering.
Yeah I will do that at the time I was woried about the touch scrolling so I didn't focus on it looking 100% :P

Quote from: Unicorn on July 13, 2015, 03:26:30 AM
Suggestion: Allow for different editors, for instance, a HP PPL one, and a TI BASIC one?
Would that work?
I could make an editor but I would think that it would be useless since there are editors on the PC and a built in one on calc :-\

Unicorn

I thought you were going to be able to access the editor from inside SIFS? But that is an entirely different thing, isn't it.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on July 13, 2015, 02:56:53 PM
I thought you were going to be able to access the editor from inside SIFS? But that is an entirely different thing, isn't it.
No, I was talking about the basic editor you were talking about, I meant the editors on PC for basic and the editor on the 84+ that is built in :P

Snektron

Quote from: CKH4 on July 13, 2015, 03:53:07 AM
If you are talking about making it be able to edit code like ti basic but not tokenize it. Also running the code would be possible but someone would need some really good os code skills.

Why would you need os code skills to write a editor/virtual machine? :P
But yeah this brings us back to: we need a programing language that supports as many calcs as possible.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

To run ti basic programs on an HP prime.

Unicorn

speaking of languages, what happend to your language cumred?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 13, 2015, 08:52:16 PM
Quote from: CKH4 on July 13, 2015, 03:53:07 AM

Why would you need os code skills to write a editor/virtual machine? :P
But yeah this brings us back to: we need a programing language that supports as many calcs as possible.
We could call it PolyScript poly meaning many (or many calcs) :)