Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

S.I.F.S. Super Intelligent Friend System [HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, May 17, 2015, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Oh cool. I think you should do it if the screen is big enough and typing with touch is confortable. Also if you decide to do it, consider adding it to your utils since it could be really handy for other people too
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 26, 2015, 02:45:46 PM
Oh cool. I think you should do it if the screen is big enough and typing with touch is confortable. Also if you decide to do it, consider adding it to your utils since it could be really handy for other people too
Good I dea :)
also I was playing around with it a month or so ago and it wouldn't be that hard to type.

And also I could have a mode on the key board that will allow you to have a list of commonly used commands.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

Thats a cool idea too :) and maybe a setting to switch between on-screen keyboard and the actual hardware keyboard (or just a simple "hide" button)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Yup that would work but I think that I will have it so you can type on both without having to switch to anything (unless you would want to hide the keyboard :))

I plan to have a notifications tab so you can scroll from the top of the screen down and a notifications window will open where you can talk to the AI system or any number of things :)

Unicorn

Pretty nice idea! Now the hard part right? :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Yeah, but I am working on MinePrime at the moment so I have to keep these in the back of my head until I start on this in a day or two :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Since HP PPL most likely doesn't support multi-tasking, I assume that you mean notifications inside the program, not outside, right? What kind of notifications did you have in mind to add besides the AI bot and such stuff?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

Maybe a popup that says: Your program is done cooking! :P

Notifications would probably be a calender and or an alarm right?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't see how an alarm would be possible with no sound. A calendar could be an interesting feature, though. Perhaps Alexgt could allow people to write down important events there and make them a fixed date, reccurrent or stuff like that, while keeping the data small.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

I guess you could make the alarm change the screen around a ton. Then the calender could be a popup.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 07, 2015, 03:06:10 AM
Since HP PPL most likely doesn't support multi-tasking, I assume that you mean notifications inside the program, not outside, right? What kind of notifications did you have in mind to add besides the AI bot and such stuff?
I plan to have a button (probably Symb) that puts you into SIFS mode (you are right I cannot run code behind the scenes but I can look for button presses since it is and app, just like you can go into Plot view anywhere on the calc if the app allowa :))
The notifications would probably be a place to chat with the AI bot (that still needs a name) and launch the main SIFS app.

Quote from: Unicorn on July 07, 2015, 03:10:06 AM
Maybe a popup that says: Your program is done cooking! :P

Notifications would probably be a calender and or an alarm right?
There is already a calender on the calc (I cannot read from it tho because I think it will be added to in future updates) I made a  gif showing it :)

Quote from: Unicorn on July 07, 2015, 03:28:53 AM
I guess you could make the alarm change the screen around a ton. Then the calender could be a popup.
You would have to have the calc on tho and most people would use their phone over their calc for a calender :P

chelsey-dagger

This looks super cool. Awesome job so far!

Unicorn

Oh so like something that allows a"I need to talk to you sifs" moment?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: chelsey-dagger on July 07, 2015, 07:55:05 PM
This looks super cool. Awesome job so far!

Quote from: Unicorn on July 08, 2015, 02:02:49 AM
Oh so like something that allows a"I need to talk to you sifs" moment?
Yeah, or pretty much a shortcut to open SIFS :)

Unicorn

Nice idea.:) Now all we need is more screenies:P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???