Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] StackerCE - Stacker for the TI84+ CE [C]

Started by Unicorn, May 13, 2016, 05:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Have you ever played the timeless game Stacker on your Phone, or at an arcade? Well, now you can with the all new StackerCE! The program is complete, with customizable colors and two different skins, as well as an Endless gamemode! I suggest giving this game a try!

Download

[spoiler=Original]Hey everyone! I pretty much finished SwipeCE yesterday, so I decided to go ahead and start creating another game! At first I went for snake, but I haven't figured out how to get a snake moving around, so I decided to port Stacker!

Anyways, Screenshot below, and I hope to finish it by next week Wednesday or so, depending on the amount of studying I have to do for finals ;)

[/spoiler]
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh that's a nice idea actually. I didn't play that game before but I saw it in some arcades. Do you plan to add some graphics once the engine is done? (eg make the blocks look more like Tetris and make the frame more detailed, maybe like the arcade?)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Thanks!

I may do that, though I don't want to make the program to large, if you know what I mean. But I guess the graphics are 10x10, so 2 or 3 of those wouldn't increase the size by to much.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, you could probably just use a few graphics that are tiled and at low bit rate (I think 16 colors would be more than enough) and have parts that are just a plain color. Or for squares you could draw some borders with line and rectangles.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Looks nice Unicorn ;) I am actually pretty good at the real stacker :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

kegwaan

Whoa, I think this'll turn out nice.
And I'm pretty good at the real arcade stacker too, as good as you can get at a rigged game  <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Dudeman313

Nice idea!

What I would want to see is maybe another iOS to CE port, more specifically, Stack.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: kegwaan on May 14, 2016, 01:40:52 AM
Whoa, I think this'll turn out nice.
And I'm pretty good at the real arcade stacker too, as good as you can get at a rigged game  <_<
Is the arcade version really rigged or is it just very hard? Because I find it kinda weird that such type of game would be rigged, unless it's a mechanical arcade machine or that the game code makes the block stop moving a little bit too late only in certain occasions so you spend more credits.

EDIT: It seems like it's definitively rigged, according to Google. It can be hard to tell with arcade games, though. Many old arcade games are not necessarily rigged, but super mega hard as hell. This is why many console action games in the 90's were so hard, because they were based on arcade games.

alexgt

Well that is why we have 3D printers! now you can print a plastic tool to fool arcade games that you put in a quarter  (-_(//));

Unicorn

Its done! Download in the OP, heres a screenshot! There is still things to do, like sprites and customizable colors and menus, but for now, it works :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

kegwaan

Whoa, looks good  :thumbsup:
Are you going for looking like the original or basing it off of the original? Either way, I think it'll turn out nice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Unicorn

Thanks guys!I'm thinking I'm gonaa create my own sprites, but I may ad an option to have the original graphics...

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Glad to see a release. I'll download it when I can. Is it rigged like the original game? Because Critor on TI-Planet tried the game multiple times and could reach the second to last row multiple times, but never the last. :P https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201811#p201812

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature