Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

MazeDweller

Started by Snektron, January 23, 2015, 03:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Last year we were assigned to make a maze game in HTML.
The original project (the one described in out book) was made entirely in HTML, with the exception of some basic Javascript
to handle button input. It was a broken beta version and it was to us to fix the game and present it's final form.
Ofcourse, i didn't want some half broken maze game, so i (we actually had to work in groups of 4, but i did all
the programming (also TheCoder was in my team too :P)) made it in 3D using THREE.js.

I was working on it for a few weeks, and it's actually my biggest project ever >.<. Even though it's not as optimized as could
be (the deadline was in june 2014, and since then i've learnt a lot more about programming), i'm still quite proud of it.
Since i had i VPS i thought "Why not put it on there?", so you guys can play it right in your brower,
it's on http://quantuminfinity.space/ (Yeah the main page). In the end i got a 9 or 9.5 out of 10, while
the rest of my team got an 8 (i guess the teacher also saw they were lifting on my skills ^^).

Even though i'm not working on it anymore, if you've noticed a bug, please tell me so i can remove it :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

I like it but I only had a minute to play it. I'll try it when I get home. The most dissapointing thing so far is that the 3d script doesn't work on Android. (still testing but I'm pretty sure) If I get it to work I'll let you know.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

It's nice, but there is two little problems : hitting a spider is a bit hard and I need to lower my head to hit it and I found one which has a big load of hit points so I thought it was immortal.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Quote from: CKH4 on January 23, 2015, 06:36:29 PM
I like it but I only had a minute to play it. I'll try it when I get home. The most dissapointing thing so far is that the 3d script doesn't work on Android. (still testing but I'm pretty sure) If I get it to work I'll let you know.
Appearantly you need to enable WebGL, but you won't be able to walk around (unless you've got a keyboard
but even then im not quite sure).

Quote from: Eiyeron on January 23, 2015, 06:51:56 PM
I found one which has a big load of hit points so I thought it was immortal.
Hmm, that's odd. Maybe it respawns at the same place after you kill it?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I don't know, it didn't just wanted to get killed, it seemed.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

CKH4

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Seems nice, but when the game starts I would try to make enemies spawn at least 3 cases away from you, because sometimes they appear right in front of you or even behind so you take damage right from the start. Also an animation or flash when they get hit would be a good idea.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U