Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your hobbies outside calculators

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 05, 2015, 06:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

People with similar hobbies also generally have different ones as well, so I was wondering what were they? It can be anything offline, online, in real life of course.

I myself usually spend time watching Youtube videos of hockey games, sometimes play Minecraft, retro games and sometimes I play Starcraft, do pixel art or hang out with some friends to play video games or talk. All of this is usually done while listening to music.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

My biggest hobby is programming :) (surprise!)
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

novenary

Let's see.
-Gaming
-Hacking around with the GameCube
-Programming
-Cycling, forest rides are fun, especially in my area which is pretty hilly.
-Anime
-Screwing up messing with Android

Dream of Omnimaga

@Ivoah & @Streetwalrus which platform do you like programming on more, which language and what kind of softwares (games, OS mods, etc)?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

caleb1997

*bump*

I like to mess around with stuff. Also, I like to play Minecraft, take stuff apart, fix stuff, program (of course) on Scratch, Linux, SmileBASIC, TI-BASIC, and Python. I also like to play on my 3DS ,DS lite, and GBA. When I get bored, I tend to listen to the radio and read, or play Ace Combat on my 3DS.

There's me.
  • Calculators owned: CSE, CE

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 05, 2015, 05:19:59 PM
@Ivoah & @Streetwalrus which platform do you like programming on more, which language and what kind of softwares (games, OS mods, etc)?
My preferred language is python, and I like making little tools.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

aetios

Me, I like messing with PCs, gaming, playing the guitar, reading a book (sometimes), and listening to music. I'm really into nintendo gaming, you could call me a hoarder although as of lately I kinda stopped that due to money problems :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Yuki

I definitely like messing with PCs and other such devices, I also like anime, reading some webcomics, listening and playing some music, also writing some stories too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: caleb1997 on March 03, 2016, 02:24:03 PM
*bump*

I like to mess around with stuff. Also, I like to play Minecraft, take stuff apart, fix stuff, program (of course) on Scratch, Linux, SmileBASIC, TI-BASIC, and Python. I also like to play on my 3DS ,DS lite, and GBA. When I get bored, I tend to listen to the radio and read, or play Ace Combat on my 3DS.

There's me.
JWinslow used to use Scratch actually. My only gripe about it was that unless you managed to make an executable out of your code, you had to go on Scratch website to play it, and the .exe hijacked the PC clipboard. I need to look back into SmileBASIC, by the way, since I have Petit Computer.
Quote from: Ivoah on March 03, 2016, 02:31:23 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 05, 2015, 05:19:59 PM
My preferred language is python, and I like making little tools.
@Ivoah do you still do Lua and PICO-8, by the way? I remember you ported Cumred's raymarcher to the Nspire, but then I haven't heard anything new about it.

Quote from: Juju on March 03, 2016, 04:13:58 PM
I definitely like messing with PCs and other such devices, I also like anime, reading some webcomics, listening and playing some music, also writing some stories too.
You no longer like going out with me? D:

(Just kidding, I can understand it's hard since you came back to school, as my weekend is on tuesday/wednesday or monday/tuesday and yours is on saturday/sunday, which makes it hard to do anything >.<)

Dudeman313

I love messing around with computers, reading, singing, and...reading? I also love to play games, but I don't have any video game consoles...:blah:
I'm really into coding, but I can't find the time or concentration to learn it. I wish I knew what I know now when I was 8 and started messing around with my iPod 2G, which led me to Jailbreaking. Outside of those, I like watching movies and playing with my sisters ;D. So, yeah. :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 03, 2016, 08:12:19 PM
Quote from: Juju on March 03, 2016, 04:13:58 PM
You no longer like going out with me? D:

(Just kidding, I can understand it's hard since you came back to school, as my weekend is on tuesday/wednesday or monday/tuesday and yours is on saturday/sunday, which makes it hard to do anything >.<)
Ah, yeah, chilling out with friends, very important. When they're available an the weather is nice, that is. Speaking of which I have a kinda lightweight schedule this semester.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Another issue is I'm older now and I don't like spending an hour outside at -30°C waiting for buses and walking after working from 8 am to 5 pm sometimes outdoors x.x, so even alone I don't go out as much during winter. >.<

kegwaan

Outside of programming and school my life consists mainly of music. I play a lot of instruments: percussion/drum set, piano, banjo, and accordion. But I also like to play video games. I have s sega Genesis set up in my room which I play Mortal Kombat, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Streets of Rage on.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Araidia

• SSB4(3DS)
  • Clash of Clans
  • BTD Battles
  • Volleyball and Basketball
  • Watching TV or Youtube
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: kegwaan on March 04, 2016, 01:18:04 AM
Outside of programming and school my life consists mainly of music. I play a lot of instruments: percussion/drum set, piano, banjo, and accordion. But I also like to play video games. I have s sega Genesis set up in my room which I play Mortal Kombat, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Streets of Rage on.
OMG Street of Rage is awesome. I want the 2nd game since ages but it's hard to find here (in Quebec, Genesis games are much cheaper because they were never really popular here, so I am waiting for a lucky deal)

Also you should post some recordings of your music stuff :)