Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Which Mario Kart game is your favorite? [nintendo][wii][snes][n64][gc][gba][ds]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, July 09, 2015, 10:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Mario Kart game is your favorite?

Super Mario Kart (SNES)
1 (5%)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
0 (0%)
Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)
2 (10%)
Mario Kart Double Dash (Gamecube)
2 (10%)
Mario Kart DS
3 (15%)
Mario Kart Wii
8 (40%)
Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
2 (10%)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Dream of Omnimaga

So I thought it would be interesting to know which one of the MK games you like the best.

I personally grew up with Mario Kart 64 for the most part so I kinda like it, but I also like the SNES, Wii and Wii U games a lot, as well as the DS/3DS games. I never got the chance to play the Gamecube one, though. My favorite overall would be the Wii version and the one I like the least is the GBA game. What about you?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I prefer the wii version, the wii u version is fairly complicated and hard to play.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah that was my main issue with the Wii U version. I like it, though. It's more the fact that when drifting or turning around, the vehicles are really slippery, like if every track were on ice. Just like the SNES Mario Kart. I guess they wanted to cater to Forza and Gran Turismo fans by making it more realistic, but it really makes the game much harder than its Wii counterpart. The Wii game can get a little annoying with the Wiimote, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yes the drifting was fairly hard to do. I was using the pad, so that might have been the problem.  :/
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

tr1p1ea

Gotta vote for the SNES version since that's the one that started it all :).

Ivoah

I vote for the GBA version (as that's the one I play the most)
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: tr1p1ea on July 10, 2015, 12:39:09 AM
Gotta vote for the SNES version since that's the one that started it all :).
Yeah I agree for that, plus even if the graphics are primitive, I like their look. I like most MK games, although I felt that MK8 and SMK cars tend to be hard to control in curves.
Quote from: Ivoah on July 10, 2015, 01:27:24 AM
I vote for the GBA version (as that's the one I play the most)
My maine gripe about the GBA game is that turning around is almost like if we were playing TRON, where pressing an arrow for 1 picosecond makes you rotate 90° in an instant. >.<

novenary

For me it's Double Dash because 1) hell yeah, GameCube and 2) the only other MK I know is MK64 which doesn't have any form of physics simulation so it makes it really awkward to play.

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, did they start remaking tracks in Double Dash (eg new versions of SNES and N64 tracks)?

aetios

No, that was started in the DS version. The DS version is really good by the wat, worth checking out.
ceci n'est pas une signature

alexgt

I have to go with DS because that i the only one I have and the wii is the only other that I played, but I really enjoyed the DS version.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

ben_g

I like the wii version most. The difficulty was just right for me during the time when I played it a lot (challenging, yet doable), and I think it has the most tracks of any version I've played. Maybe it's also a bit because it's the version I first played.
I never played the SNES/WiiU/3DS versions though. Maybe I should try the SNES version in an emulator, and I deffinately will try the 3DS and WiiU versions as soon as there is an emulator for those consoles.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on July 10, 2015, 05:52:58 PM
No, that was started in the DS version. The DS version is really good by the wat, worth checking out.
Indeed. I wish that online play was still working, but I heard that there were workarounds. Also I hated how long it took to connect to other players (usually 30 minutes) THat said, when I played MKDS online, everyone there was like MLG caliber and I always finished last, while on Mario Kart 8 I sometimes manage to finish 3rd-7th at least. EDIT: Actually, I think course remakes appeared in the GBA game. I just checked gameplay footage and it features SNES tracks.

Quote from: ben_g on July 11, 2015, 09:10:58 AM
I like the wii version most. The difficulty was just right for me during the time when I played it a lot (challenging, yet doable), and I think it has the most tracks of any version I've played. Maybe it's also a bit because it's the version I first played.
I never played the SNES/WiiU/3DS versions though. Maybe I should try the SNES version in an emulator, and I deffinately will try the 3DS and WiiU versions as soon as there is an emulator for those consoles.
You should try at least the SNES version. While it might look primitive to younger people, it's still great for its time and it's where Mario Kart started :)

Unicorn

A workaround for the Nintendo wifi connection discontinuement? Please elaborate :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't remember the exact solution, but you can most likely find it on Google and I'm sure that some games are still popular there (such as Mario Kart DS).