Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

S.I.F.S. Super Intelligent Friend System [HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, May 17, 2015, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

And the interpreter, (editor) would be written in the machine code of the calc, unless it has a different fast language.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Would we want it interpreted or compiled? I think compiled, possible SIFS could compile for the Prime O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

True, if I am going to have an HP PPL editor why not make a PolyScript one also :P

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 14, 2015, 02:24:11 PM
True, if I am going to have an HP PPL editor why not make a PolyScript one also :P
Yeah, but who's gonna make all the commands and such? Will we build on cumreds language of he allows it?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I have no experience with ASM/ calc hacking so I would just be doing the editor.

Unicorn

Yeah, and someone would have to write the compiler, in something fairly fast.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

And the Prime needs to have people to develop exploits/hacks like Ndless but then HP would start locking down the Prime <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, would it be possible to have SIFS open the program list by default (via options)? That would be handy when we run a game then exit.
Quote from: alexgt on July 14, 2015, 02:34:17 PM
And the Prime needs to have people to develop exploits/hacks like Ndless but then HP would start locking down the Prime <_<
It probably depends what kind of hack it is. @Streetwalrus idea at first was to have a bootloader type hack. Instead of launching the OS, it would launch a custom menu where you could run the OS or any ASM/C game/program of your liking. However, if you exited the OS in exam mode, the hack would be made so that you cannot run anything else than the OS from the menu, and that, until you disabled exam mode from the OS itself, and the hack's license would prohibit anyone from releasing forks or updates that tampers directly with the exam mode. But the project was scrapped when Streetwalrus decided to not buy an HP Prime (since he would need one to develop such hack).

Also, since HP PPL is so powerful, many people see such ASM/C hack as useless for game programmers, since we can already do very good games using the built-in language.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

I can make it open the Prog menu automatically :)

And yeah I am going to sell my broken calc o ebay for $1 and give street the URL so he can buy it, I will say it is broken and for parts so most people will be discouraged from buying it (which is mostly true)

Unicorn

A broken HP Prime? Or what? So street can work on that ASM hack?
Cool :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

No the LCD is cracked but you can still use it and see (part) of the screen :P

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 20, 2015, 03:33:38 PM
No the LCD is cracked but you can still use it and see (part) of the screen :P

I want it...  :P But, I probably would use it to make any hacks :P

I should actually talk to my teachers about getting some broken 83+'s to experiment on too.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Yeah the only use for it is to make hacks since half the screen is screwed up you can't play games on it :(

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 20, 2015, 03:56:28 PM
Yeah the only use for it is to make hacks since half the screen is screwed up you can't play games on it :(

That would be the best use, for the community and for it. How did it break?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???