Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Axe Nemesiat

Started by Switchblade, April 11, 2017, 12:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Switchblade

Here is the progress so far an my axe remake of DJ_O's Nemesiat:

Tell me what you think of my rendition.  ;)

Yuki

Oooh, another Axe remake of one of DJ's RPGs. Nice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Switchblade

Have there been any other than Reuben's Quest?

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I'M interested to see how this will turn out. This is a small RPG to remake so it shouldn't be as demanding as something like ROL3 but still large enough to offer hours of gameplay.
Quote from: Switchblade on April 11, 2017, 12:51:44 AM
Have there been any other than Reuben's Quest?
At least two attempts at remaking ROL3 and two attempts at remaking Illusiat 11. None of those ever came to fruition
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

As far as I know, Sorunome's Reuben's Quest series are the only ones that ever came to fruition.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually, there is also Illusiat 2004 and 81, but they were made by me so I dunno if they count. In any case, Reuben Quest series and Illusiat 1 are the only ones that have english remakes of them, since 2004 is French-only. Illusiat 2004 is basically the first four Illusiat games remade with ROL2 engine (and the only version of Illusiat 4 still available today).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

On a semi-unrelated note, what happened to that gif?

From what I can discern, this seems cool! Keep it up!
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 11, 2017, 01:15:09 AM
At least two attempts at remaking ROL3 and two attempts at remaking Illusiat 11. None of those ever came to fruition
Ahem. Now I feel awkward. :(

Switchblade

Illusiat 6 is much smaller than RLO3 and Illusiat II, though  :D

novenary

My attempt ended up being only a tile mapper. And then I kinda lost interest in calculators.

Switchblade

I have finished Illusiat 6 (other than the battles) up to the main screen where you choose the which dungeon/map you want to attempt.

Dream of Omnimaga

What were your plans for the world map?

Switchblade

By the world map, I expect you mean the picture variable number 5, where you select which map you want to attempt, correct?

I have that completed already, and the Forest of Illusiat and Zian Ruins maps completed.  The world map is set up like a small town, and you need to enter the obvious hotspots to enter the map.  I will post a gif soon.  The secret arena will be in a logical, but invisible spot.

Dream of Omnimaga

I mean when you exit the forest, for example, a picture appears on the screen instead of ASCII-art graphics. I was wondering if you planned to keep that picture as is, or to replace it with a set of tilemaps (eg a large island or interconnected areas). I can't wait for the GIF :)

Switchblade

I replaced that with a small 10*16 tilemap

Ok, here is the gif.  I forgot to upload the appvar for the second map though.