Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Could Pokémon Go lead to a global mankind extinction event before end of year?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, July 11, 2016, 01:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Huh. Pokémon GO kills people. What a surprise. It's not like we didn't expect this. I tell all of my friends that Pokémon GO is bad for your health and lowers your life expectancy. They never listen to me. There was also a case of 2 teens lured into an alleyway raping while trying to catch a Pokémon. I wish it wasn't such a big deal. Even the people who don't play the game have it on their smartphones.  <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Erm a lot of what you say @Jkolade936 isn't true at all. Regarding the game being bad for people health, it's the complete opposite, because it makes people go out and walk much more, rather than sitting all day long in front of a computer screen at home. Also many people who plays the game does so with friends, which is better than online multiplayer on a chat.

The rest is true, though, about the risks, but aside from crime-related risks, there are dangers that can be easily avoided when playing by simply not being stupid and using common sense. For example, you're better leaving that Pikachu on the other side of the river cliff than falling down and drowning.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

That's because it's China. They have a long history of censorship practices. Most games are banned there too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hayleia

Quote from: Jkolade936 on October 14, 2016, 12:18:15 AM
Huh. Pokémon GO kills people. What a surprise. It's not like we didn't expect this. I tell all of my friends that Pokémon GO is bad for your health and lowers your life expectancy. They never listen to me. There was also a case of 2 teens lured into an alleyway raping while trying to catch a Pokémon. I wish it wasn't such a big deal. Even the people who don't play the game have it on their smartphones.  <_<
If you are not against firearms in the USA, please read your sentences again then either change your opinion about guns or about Pokemon Go.

If you are against firearms, well ok, at least you're coherent but still. It's as if you were saying "knifes are bad because some murders involve them". Or "bikes are bad because some people get accidents with them". Etc.

JosJuice

Quote from: Jkolade936 on November 16, 2016, 02:03:47 AM
You sure about that? Even China banned the game, apparently.
They didn't ban the game directly as far as I know. What they did ban is Google Maps, which Pokémon Go relies on.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Hayleia on November 16, 2016, 05:26:25 AM
If you are not against firearms in the USA, please read your sentences again then either change your opinion about guns or about Pokemon Go.

If you are against firearms, well ok, at least you're coherent but still. It's as if you were saying "knifes are bad because some murders involve them". Or "bikes are bad because some people get accidents with them". Etc.
Water is bad because people can drown in it.

E37

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 16, 2016, 10:13:09 PM
Quote from: Hayleia on November 16, 2016, 05:26:25 AM

Water is bad because people can drown in it.
Air is bad because there is germs in it.
Our bodies are bad since cells can mutate into cancer. :P
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

p2

did you just recommend extinguishing the human race for the higher goal of defeating cancer...?  :ninja:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dudeman313

Quote from: p2 on November 17, 2016, 10:15:50 AM
did you just recommend extinguishing the human race for the higher goal of defeating cancer...?  :ninja:
A logical theory. Euthanasia, anyone?  :blah:
The answer is "Sure."