Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 24, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
Ah I swear I heard something about the game having better controls in 50 Hz mode. I can't play it in that mode, though. As for the game, is it true that it's overly easy and that the Genesis version is the best one with better controls and more characters, but has horrible music for the most part?
The game isn't too difficult in Normal mode, i personally have beat it. (except maybe the last fight)
As for the music, it's not much better than the SNES because the SNES port has horrible composition, take a look (from the LJN defender guy) :
https://youtu.be/anb0uwQoi2o?t=4m30s

QuoteWoah, they sold their Turbografx game that was $800? O.O (it's no longer in stock)
I want dat link

EDIT: I have just realised the SNES version has no shadows unlike the Genesis one !
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol at the music. That said, at least it's not as bad as CrazyBus title screen theme. :P

As for the $800 game link It's gone, sadly. I actually saw the $800 game at the store first. I am surprised it was gone so fast, but again they sold two CIB copies of Earthbound for $400 and $500 (one didn't have the white tray inside the box) a few years ago in less than a few minutes after they got put on sale. That said, CIB Earthbound was worth $650 at the time.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

I bet that game was Magical Chase, the Japanese version. (or even better, the murica version)
If it's not that, i don't know any PC-Engine games that is this rare AND sought after.

Dream of Omnimaga

The neighborhood the store is located in is a former rundown hood that got gentrified into a technology hub where many geeks work, live and hang out. They're even opening two e-sports bar next month and a 80's arcade bar is located near the video game store, along with a japanese culture restaurant/store. Inevitably, a lot of the game collectors are probably visiting the retro gaming store regularly. And yeah it's possible that it was Magical Chase.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

I have ordered Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics for the Vita the minute it was made available.
I have missed the first batch and i later learned it was sold out in less than 5 minutes.
So i was able to buy when the second and final batch was released.
More than 75% copies were sold in 15 minutes and i bet it will run out in 5 minutes as of my writing...

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-21-mystery-chronicle-one-way-heroics-vita?variant=26309565827

Dream of Omnimaga

Dang, that's $52 CAD including shipping x.x. I can't afford this much for a game right now. D:

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 30, 2016, 11:42:12 PM
Dang, that's $52 CAD including shipping x.x. I can't afford this much for a game right now. D:
Man, really ?
That's a shame, i paid 40$ for the game, including shipping.
That should be like 35€ for the game or something.
(plus, since i live in France, i don't have to pay additional taxes, which you may have to pay)

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed. This is why I rarely buy games online anymore. Even if brick and mortar stores charges a bit more, I sometimes end up paying less, even with the taxes, due to no shipping. That said, it depends. Some sellers gives free shipping.

Dream of Omnimaga

I just got DDR Supernova 2 for the PS2 at a thrift store for $3. They had plenty of PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360 games, but most were sports games.

Dream of Omnimaga

I just got Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii (the steel case) and Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits for the PS2. I was surprised to see a copy of the former, considering how rare it is.

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

$50 in Canadian dollar, which means $37 USD and 30 euros. The poster is torn by 1 inch on one side but everything else is in perfect condition and includes both the steel case and plastic sleeve.

gameblabla

Damn, that's a pretty good price for MPT.
If i knew it was going to be this rare when it was out, i would have bought it.

I finally received my physical copy of Mystery Chronicles One Way Heroics for PSVita/TV !

It also came with a "Limited Run" sticker and some kind of a poster card.

There's no manual inside, perhaps that's why it's so cheap.

Anyway, i played for like an hour and i don't regret my purchase.
It's actually very similar to One Way Heroics but it has somewhat better graphics, better music, some more extras and it feels more professional overall...
But other than that, it's nearly identical to One Way Heroics gameplay-wise.

It's voiced too ! But the english voices are a mixed-bag...
Some of them are so bad, you might think you are playing Wolfenstein 3D instead.
(The "YOU !" by the guards when you are spotted is gold, seriously)

Overall, it's a game i would recommend.
It's also available on PC but i heard that port has several issues... It's kind of a half-assed port.

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome purchase gameblabla. I need to save money at some point to try to get one of the LR games.

One thing I noticed, though, is that their games don't have any ESRB or PEGI rating. I guess those games are unlicensed, right?

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 17, 2016, 01:23:22 AM
Awesome purchase gameblabla. I need to save money at some point to try to get one of the LR games.
thx
They plan on releasing next a physical version of SkullGirls for Sony platforms. Just saying

QuoteOne thing I noticed, though, is that their games don't have any ESRB or PEGI rating. I guess those games are unlicensed, right?
That's because it is actually a retailer requirement, there's no law in the US requiring a ESRB rating on a game.
So in theory, it might be possible to release an AO-only game through Limited Run games.
(tho for consoles games that might be tricky as Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony don't allow AO rated games, requiring the developer
to only release it in europe)