Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Kotu will not be back on CodeWalrus

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, September 18, 2017, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I know that some members here liked kotu a lot, which is partly why I am sharing this publicly so that they can say goodbye. The other people probably have witnessed what happened in the last months or so by themselves, but basically, the reason why he will not be back on CodeWalrus is because he has now been permanently banned from the forums and, as soon as @Juju gets online, on IRC, Discord and everywhere else. He will have to use Cemetech, TI-Planet or Omnimaga from now on if he chooses to continue using sites of similar interests.

Reasons for the ban: constantly disrupting topic and IRC discussions with spam, flooding or to a lesser extent false or provocative remarks about random users (especially MateoConLechuga). A 1st warning was issued last year, which eventually showed some signs of improvements, but starting July 2017 it started gradually becoming worse, to the point where it got out of control. A 2nd warning was issued around September 9th 2017 and despite being online for most of that day, nothing changed afterwards. As a result, once the 24th hour clause had expired, he got a 1 week ban (like any 3rd offense), followed by the standard 1 month probation where the fourth warning is skipped in favor of a permanent ban. Unfortunately, neither those had any effect either, so as a result, it's time to say goodbye to him.

The reasons for his behavior were caused by a mental disability where he is not always in control of himself. Many of my family members have the same problem, yet they receive proper treatment for their illness and thus, their behavior have remained generally correct. Unfortunately, kotu decided to not pursue such treatment and instead relied on the use of illicit drugs, which rendered his behavior completely unpredictable and it got worse as the year went on, especially since August. We do not like to ban members and some of us liked kotu when he behaved well (or during his mild randomness moments). But at the same time, we have to think about the overall quality of our forum posting and making sure that our IRC channel remains actually usable. We also want to remind everyone that all users are responsible about what use is made of their account.

Technically, this could have happened much earlier, but CodeWalrus remained unmoderated from July 18th to September 9th due to the entire staff being off-duty.

So now we are saying goodbye to a member who once made great contributions to the forums and we hope that he will choose the right path for his life (eg proper treatments and not stopping them after a few months) so that one day we can allow him back on the forums.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

@kotu: please check your SoundCloud PM's.

For the first few months I was here, I looked up to kotu as a role model, a great programmer, and even more so an amazing song artist.

But recently, I've been looking at his posts and IRC conversations like "what the hell, dude. Are you TRYING to get banned?"

Those first few months that I helped him remix one of my songs, where he gave me suggestions on my current songs, and made the first entry for UCC1, will always hold a special place in my heart.

Bye, kotu, and I really do hope you make better choices with your life, and we can see you back here again.

• Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Yuki

Kotu is a pretty nice guy, I've even featured some of his songs on Zarmina. But eh, I really hope he gets better.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

TheLastMillennial

I'm fairly new here, so, unfortunately, I really only saw him during his disruptive moments. At first I wondered why he wasn't banned already, I thought he was just a huge jerk, but after I spoke up about it I was surprised to receive an apology. No jerk I've ever know has actually apologized to me. Therefore I've concluded that although he's made some poor choices in his life, I think that he still has the personality and the brains to turn his life for the better. I sincerely hope he does! Nobody should have to go though what he's experiencing right now and I hope he gets his life back in order.

No hard feelings, and good luck.  :-|
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime G2, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-34, Boring Sharp calculator

Thank you for your time, go make a paradox, have a good day.

Caleb Hansberry

Best of luck to kotu in his future life! I am nevertheless glad to see this decision.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

p2

Farewell my friend, it was a nice time with you <3
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

_iPhoenix_

Well, it seems Kotu is back, in spirit at least, and I heed the admins to let him stay. Hear me out.

- For a good 3 months, he was pretty much the only activity here.
- His music is pretty good, and as a programmer, he has merit.

"For Kotu"
Dude. Please, please restrain yourself.

UK humor is great. There is nothing wrong with using it. But, it gets annoying, and spammy, because of constant exposure.

If you would restrain yourself, even a little, from releasing the massive flood of spammy comments, it would help a lot.

I think that, if you became more serious, the admins would be more willing to let you back on the forums. You could post your projects, which you work hard on, and maybe even earn some £££ (When in Britain...) doing it.

Many people here liked it when you had cool projects like Walrus Cheese Run, and your tracks were cool! You were almost a role model for someone who liked programming and music (me), but then something changed...

Please come back, and consider these thoughts
[close]

BTW, spam this to @kotu (qutzlcotl) until he reads it.

Quote from: WIRC*   W-801 has kicked qutzlcotl (Banned: Please come back when you're less weird. Thanks.)   6:24:14 AM
(bolding is mine)
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

mazhat

Didn't see this post.
I thought he just left :(

Good bye, Kotu.
I hope he gets a chance to come back.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

c4ooo

Quote from: mazhat on November 23, 2017, 10:21:03 PM
Didn't see this post.
I thought he just left :(

Good bye, Kotu.
I hope he gets a chance to come back.
He can come back when he stops being high and spamming the channel with nonsense.

Dream of Omnimaga

The main problem was his usage of hard drug, which he used as a medication instead of using proper medication. This caused his condition to get worse, which in turn resulted into even more spam and every warning/complain being ignored.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U