Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Hansberry

Hiiiiiii I'm me! I joined cause I liked DJ's sale pitch for this forum, and am blown away at how much this place has grown in the few months it's existed.

I spend most of my time refurbishing computers - I buy them where I can, usually eBay, perform hardware repairs, and resell, and if you ever want to buy a computer contact me - listening to music, and staring off. The music I like is metal, synthpop, eurodance, electronic, rock, and such - but only if it's from the 80s. The 80s are the best. Electronic can get away with any time though. Another thing I do is woodworking - I made the wooden TI-82.

I occasionally program in TI-Basic and QBasic, and am wanting to learn Axe. I'm also trying to learn japanese (love anime too :3), electric guitar, and improved computer software repair skills.

I suffer from depression, and struggle with trusting people because of past events.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Snektron

Nice to meet you :)
Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on January 28, 2015, 10:41:48 PM
I suffer from depression, and struggle with trusting people because of past events.
Nawhh sorry to hear :(. I hope you pull through.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

岩倉 澪

Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on January 28, 2015, 10:41:48 PM

Same here, hang in there! Have you tried therapy and antidepressants? It's a long battle, but they've helped me come a long way

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome to the forums Caleb :walrii: . Old computers are awesome. One day I want to get an Amiga, but I heard that they're expensive on Ebay.

Do you plan to make another wooden calc or device?

Also seeing as you like anime you will probably feel at home here because a bunch of members do as well. :P (same for ponies)

Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on January 28, 2015, 10:41:48 PMstruggle with trusting people because of past events.
I have the same problem >.<. In my case it was mostly betrayal. I hope things get better for you soon, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

DarkestEx

Hello everybody!
I'm Benedikt (or known as DarkestEx, Muessigb) and whatever username I picked else on the wide internet.
I guess a few of you already know me from Omnimaga and Cemetech.
I'm interested in design, cooking, microelectronics, physics and programming.
Actually I'm good i those programming languages: C, C#, VB.NET, PHP, HTML & CSS, TI-Basic, Small Basic, Axe, Bash (and my own 2016 programming language Claw)
And I know those a little: Java, Z80 Assembler, Basic, JavaScript.
I'm going to a high-school in Germany.

If you want to know more about me, feel free to visit my homepage: http://muessigb.net/

And no, I'm not depressed, or having any trust problems ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Snektron

Welcome :). I'm out of inspiration for a welcome message since it's 2:35 am.
and omg there is a mosquito here. in january. while it's leterally freezing outside.
How does that little cer even survive.

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 31, 2015, 01:36:16 AM
Welcome :). I'm out of inspiration for a welcome message since it's 2:35 am.
and omg there is a mosquito here. in january. while it's leterally freezing outside.
How does that little bleeper even survive.

Best random post I could read there. Better than Juju's "Yay~"!

EDIT : Oh and welcome there. Don't mind the few fish stock, much more are coming back on spring.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

I really can't wait until winter is over so that I don't get exhausted from work as much. The outdoor part of my job, as well as the indoor cleaning part are signifiantly harder when there's snow on the ground. When I arrive home or when I am off from work I am usually too exhausted to pursue any kind of programming or music creation. >.<

That reminds me, I also hope everyone is satisfied with CW so far. I noticed that some users who joined posted like mad for one day, then are never to be seen again, so perhaps there is something missing or vice-versa? In the past during my last two years or so as Omni admin, I sent an e-mail to all members when there was a contest or at the end of the year to show the major site updates that they might have missed, then encouraged them to let us know how their experience on CW could be improved at http://codewalr.us/index.php?board=1.0 , as well as encouraging them to show us their current work.

Snektron

I like it here. Finally some people apart from the two (and sometimes not even them) in my class
who know what im talking about :)

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 31, 2015, 04:47:01 PM
[...] I noticed that some users who joined posted like mad for one day, then are never to be seen again [...]
I got inactive from the community due to busy-ness and playing too much chess.
I'm very active on chess.com... I got onto the most active member list x.x

so the prediction of attention drifting is true :P

But I'm going to make a CSE version of Dodge.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

You should come back D: (even if not coding)
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 31, 2015, 05:47:39 PM
I like it here. Finally some people apart from the two (and sometimes not even them) in my class
who know what im talking about :)
The funny part is how TheCoder1998 brought you here, yet he rarely frequents TI sites anymore. :P The same thing happened when LordConiupiter brought aeTIos on calc sites in 2010 . :P

princetonlion.tibd

I'm coming back slowly. When school ends expect a lot of activity :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)