Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

p2 joins CodeWalrus staff

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 29, 2016, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

We are pleased to announce that the CodeWalrus staff is now expanding, with the addition of @p2 to the team, as topic manager.

p2 joined the TI community during Spring 2011 and remained active on Omnimaga until the end of 2012. While his early 2011 posting style had a different quality vs quantity ratio than it did later on, he quickly became a centerpiece of Omnimaga growth, especially with activity related to Axe Parser programming. Unfortunately, he became inactive for the next three and an half years, except for a brief period of time in March 2015, but has since returned, while also finding out about CodeWalrus. Since his return, he has contributed considerably, including a German Axe Parser tutorial, and he has also ventured into PC programming, with his current project being Walrus Kingdom.

He will now help reducing the staff workload, which can be difficult to keep up with when the entire team is very busy with life, school, jobs and other duties. Please welcome p2 to the team. :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Glad to have you on the team, p2!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

p2

hi and thank you so much for letting me join ^.^
I'll try to help out as much as I can :)

also woow DJ that is some really nice introduction about me O.O
if we ever create a wiki page about every CodeW member, I want THAT text  :thumbsup:
did you ever work for a newspaper or something like that...?
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Sorunome

Congrats p2!

And now enjoy losing the game dictating other people to your will being an admin!
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

p2

Quote from: Sorunome on November 29, 2016, 09:36:57 AM
Congrats p2!

And now enjoy losing the game dictating other people to your will being an admin!
lol I'm just a little topic manager, not an admin O.O but thx   :love:

Quote from: c4ooo on August 11, 2016, 03:15:28 PM
Hmm.... "p2"... that name sounds familiar...
Ohh yea you are that guy who had the MLP anti-SOPA image in your signature :trollface:

Anyways, hopefully you actually stick around, unlike 99% of " returning" members who leave again after a few months <_<
still there @c4ooo :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Sorunome

Quote from: p2 on November 29, 2016, 10:10:37 AM
Quote from: Sorunome on November 29, 2016, 09:36:57 AM
Congrats p2!

lol I'm just a little topic manager, not an admin O.O but thx   :love:

That's what you'r supposed to think :P
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Snektron

Welcome to the team, glad to have you! :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

p2

Thx Snektron :)

@Sorunome after thinking about it for a while... I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to think... Am I supposed to think I'm just a tiny mod//slace to teh admins? Or am I supposed to think I'm an admin... ^^

Dream of Omnimaga

Well all staff are equal in the way that they can weight in their opinion about stuff and taking decisions. They have different privileges but can still participate to staff matters. For example, I am not moderator so I can't setup full bans, but I can still voice my opinion about if a ban should happen or not.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Guess we act kinda like the Swiss, where the head of state position is shared by a Federal Council of 7 persons. Each one is the head of a department, like here we have various control on the forum software, but on most matters we all vote on any proposition we get, like adminship and bans.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

p2

didnt even know they worked like that (despite the fact I live next to them) xD
but nice, that means we all gut unequal rights thinking about the stuff we have to do but when it comes to decicions we're all equal, yay  :thumbsup: sounds nice :)

Yuki

Well, for the unequal part, for instance some staff (like me) are gods at Linux (which is kinda important for running the server and apply eventual updates), while others are complete noobs and would probably delete the website in a bad move (or rage fit) not knowing how to restore it so we don't give them root access. Likewise, some are better at managing topics and moderating so we give them more access on that.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

novenary

Well, I'm a little late, but welcome to the team buddy !

p2

thx xD Also congratulations yourself to your 2505th post  :thumbsup: