Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Duktape - A JavaScript interpreter for the Nspire [ti-nspire]

Started by Legimet, February 04, 2015, 03:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Legimet

I added some bindings, key functions and file io about a week ago. Graphics hasn't been added due to lack of time.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I'M glad this is still alive. I can understand updates are slow due to lack of time, though. Hopefully life isn't too hard on you as well >.<

Good luck! By the way, I haven't kept up with Omni topics in a long while: Is nPDF still a thing?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Interesting benchmarks will be done whenever he has time to add the basic graphics stuff :)

(Well, I guess I should start benchmarking the algorithms now, at least it will be done :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I allow you to use my avatar for your project (-_(//));
Jokes asides, that name made me directly find the Duke Tape thing. Oh and benchmarcking could be useful to see if the project is viable for heavy projects. Do you have any methods for knowing how much memory is free for the interpreter?
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait so that's this project that triggered the Duke Tape inside joke? I thought it was just a coincidence O.O

Anyway yeah I am curious about how fast this will be. I know that some games are possible in JS so I wonder how feasible one would be on the Nspire using this language.

Legimet

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 23, 2015, 04:17:05 AM
Yeah I'M glad this is still alive. I can understand updates are slow due to lack of time, though. Hopefully life isn't too hard on you as well >.<

Good luck! By the way, I haven't kept up with Omni topics in a long while: Is nPDF still a thing?

This has been a really busy month, with all of my math/science/other stuff competitions, plus school work. :crazy:
nPDF is still a thing, but I haven't touched it in a while. (Pull requests are welcome.)

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 23, 2015, 04:20:37 PM
I allow you to use my avatar for your project (-_(//));
Jokes asides, that name made me directly find the Duke Tape thing. Oh and benchmarcking could be useful to see if the project is viable for heavy projects. Do you have any methods for knowing how much memory is free for the interpreter?
I never got the joke ???
Anyway, the Duktape website says it runs on systems with "256kB flash and 96kB system RAM." :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Are you also in robotics? BEcause Hooloovoo and Pimath are as well. As for Duke Tape I never got the joke either. IIRC Eiyeron just started using the weird smiley randomly. Maybe an attempt to start some CW meme like with the "l'OL" thing. :P

Also nice and low memory requirements. :D This is good news for Clickpad users because under OS 3.9 they only have like 2 MB besides the OS and Ndless. *.*

Legimet

No, I'm not in robotics.

I guess (-_(//)); is now my project's logo :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I must say, old chap, this is quite f****ng epic, isn't it? (-_(//));

Tested by chaps, approved by the Duke! ;)

And it wasn't a start of creating a meme. I just wanted to say it quite randomly as I was happy to find the punny name. I used the smiley originally as reaction to take some sort "old chap" reaction (like adding quite, or I must say). But well

Snektron

if its an old britisch dude then WHERE IS THE TEA O.O Unacceptable

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I drank it, so I got rid of the cup, you see. (-_(//));

So, I think I could have a try of DT once I get some free time.

EDIT : 900 posts. Quite. (-_(//));

Snektron

And you didn't get another cup? Wow..
Also i missed my 666th, 700th and 777th post, so yeah