Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

ISIS attacks in Paris - Are we safe anymore?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 14, 2015, 06:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p4nix

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 15, 2015, 10:49:52 PM
Quote from: p4nix on November 15, 2015, 07:49:05 PM
The causes why people get terrorists are mainly known.
In your opinion, terrorism attacks are always everyone else's fault? <_<

Nope! Of course, the main fault is the terrorists fault - but you don't get from one day to the other to killing people, do you?
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 07, 2015, 05:05:12 AM
Quote from: c4ooo on December 06, 2015, 04:17:06 PM
Oftopic, but the friday after the shootings, someone was launching fireworks at 3:00AM :P
I seriously hope it was not in response to the shooting. SOmetimes, I lose faith in humanity and it's almost like if we already live in a dystopia where all hell can break loose and where people are just gone mad (just see Black Friday frenzy O.O).
Well, to tell more of the story, i had a buddy at school who planned to launch fireworks that friday / weekend, but when i asked him later about it he said he said that he "saw the news and was like "yea i better post pone this :3 "".

Also there is no effective way to fight terrorism (or homocide, for that matter) becouse you cant realy predict who has a gun and yea... :P
Also i probably have a higher risk of dieng from a crash tomorrow then i had of dieng in paris during the attack. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

That's unless ISIS has more members than we think and actually decides to pull a First Fantasy II tomorrow where they basically murder the entire population of the United States and the rest of the world overnight, then get hit by nukes by survivors <_<

But that is unlikely for now. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Caleb Hansberry

• Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Dream of Omnimaga

Depends. Wasn't there some derivatives from Christianity that advocated discrimination against certain groups of people, like Westboro Baptist Church?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Caleb Hansberry

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 13, 2016, 08:30:09 AM
Depends. Wasn't there some derivatives from Christianity that advocated discrimination against certain groups of people, like Westboro Baptist Church?

That's actually a church, not a denomination, so they're very small and fringy. Over-publicized though. And I don't think there are any other christian groups that promote any sort of discrimination.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Turiq

Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on January 13, 2016, 08:32:43 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 13, 2016, 08:30:09 AM

That's actually a church, not a denomination, so they're very small and fringy. Over-publicized though. And I don't think there are any other christian groups that promote any sort of discrimination.
Not entirely true. Every religion has its radical groupings; some are just more prominent than others.
Some cursory research shows that there was a militant christian group fairly recently in the CAR, destroying every mosque it could get its hands on.
The LRA, over in Uganda, classifies itself as christian as well. The ones known for using child soldiers, massacres, widespread rape, among a host of other things.
Not to mention that it's not that long ago that there was major cross-denominational violence up in northern ireland.

So, yeah. You see intolerance and fanaticism everywhere, tbh.
  • Calculators owned: 84+SE, Nspire Cas, Nspire CX, Prizm
*blinks*

Dream of Omnimaga

Ugh, another mass shooting, this time in Orlando in a gay club. 53 dead and 53 injured. According to TVA news it's a terrorist attack and the killer might be an Islamic State follower. :/

Jokeriske

what about the terrorist attack in shanghai airport?

Dream of Omnimaga

I did not hear about it in the newa yet. Did it happen today too? That makes me not feel as safe around large crowds. Ideally when I attend a concert at a venue I first check around me if there is a good place where to hide or exit, in case I would need to. It could happen to us too in Quebec.

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 12, 2016, 05:56:46 PM
Ugh, another mass shooting, this time in Orlando in a gay club. 53 dead and 53 injured. According to TVA news it's a terrorist attack and the killer might be an Islamic State follower. :/

Its confirmed its IS' doing :/
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

At first I thought this was some anti LGBT extremist due to who were victim of it, but then I discovered it was ISIS. Also yesterday night I first read about a shooting in that bar and it seemed like only a few died. I was already shocked by the incident. But then I was at loss of words.

Also before people spits on the 2nd amendment (not that I am really pro-gun but guns don't kill people if owners use common sense), this is ISIS we are talking about here. Even if all firearms were illegal the terrorist group would have smuggled them through the border or using other means.

JosJuice

ISIS? ??? I haven't heard anything about them being behind the attack in Orlando...
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Dream of Omnimaga

Local news said the guy was very into Islamic State and was a fan of them.

Hayleia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 12, 2016, 10:00:13 PM
Also before people spits on the 2nd amendment (not that I am really pro-gun but guns don't kill people if owners use common sense), this is ISIS we are talking about here. Even if all firearms were illegal the terrorist group would have smuggled them through the border or using other means.
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 13, 2016, 01:15:57 PM
Local news said the guy was very into Islamic State and was a fan of them.
Well, if he was only a fan of them and not sent by them, he probably bought his stuff himself so more regulation could have helped. Though with enough determination, he would probably have managed to get what he wanted anyway.