Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What's your computer specs? (+what electronics do you have)

Started by CKH4, January 18, 2015, 03:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

No idea, I'll be testing every game I own when I get my card. Silly newegg and their one expensive price being the card that I want.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

I heard recent stories about Newegg prices being more and more expensive since the last year or so if we compare them to competition. But it might be because of the Canadian dollar being worth $0.70 USD because all the ones that told me that live in Canada. A lot of local stores are probably still selling their stock from when the dollar was still worth $0.90 USD. But yeah I was basically advised to think twice now before buying stuff from Newegg.ca and to check prices at other online retailers to see if I can get my stuff for much cheaper elsewhere.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

I can get it for 15 dollars (us) cheaper but I have an account with new egg.

Vijfhoek

The 970 isn't a card for 4K gaming, you really want double or even triple GTX 980s if you want to somewhat comfortably game at 4K.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I'd like to accentuate the somewhat as no current configuration allows playing high-end games (or badly optimize dones like the last Farcry) on 4k at 60FPS.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

TheMachine02

Quote from: Eiyeron on February 16, 2015, 07:43:05 AM
I'd like to accentuate the somewhat as no affordable current configuration allows playing high-end games (or badly optimize dones like the last Farcry) on 4k at 60FPS.

*kof kof*
4-way GTX TITAN SLI.

Btw, I think might upgrade my laptop to a much nicer one, with i7, and a GTX970m, since I pretty much want to play game on my laptop, and currently it run nothing (appart minecraft...)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

That's no more a computer, it's a GPU super-calculator with that!
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

CKH4

Machine:
Ugh but the titan clock speed is like 10hz
(really under exaggerated)

And that would be a nice laptop.

That would certainly be bottlenecking.

Vijfhoek

Note that you'd probably want the Titan Black. The normal Titan is getting a bit outdated - the gaming performance of the GTX 970 actually exceeds the GTX Titan. But that's mostly because the Titan is mostly aimed at GPGPU, like CUDA and OpenCL, or things like Cumred_Snektron's particle thingy - it easily doubles the GTX 970's performance in Passmark Direct Compute.

By the way, my GPU is arriving tomorrow :D

Dream of Omnimaga

You should make a video of an higher end game running on this card when you get it. Also post screenshots since the vid will most likely be lower quality due to Youtube compression :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

I'll make a video too but I need some more modern games. Hopefully I'll buy my card by Wednesday next week.

Snektron

*cough* make a video of running my particle system *cough cough*

CKH4

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 17, 2015, 02:16:25 PM
*cough* make a video of running my particle system *cough cough*
Oh yeah, you may need to raise the particle limit though. I'll make sure to do a 4k demo.

Edit. And I'll try it today on my gt 650. It'll kind of give me a weak control group.