Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Nintendo Switch console

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, October 20, 2016, 02:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

300$ ?! Ouch !
You can snag a PS4 for much less than that with a game.
For more 100$, you get some Nintendo games (maybe, don't know the launch games) and lousy specs.
On top of that, they remain as closed as ever and they don't support streaming, like the PS4 does.

The future looks bleak for cendo
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

p2

Pokemon Run and Super Mario Go: collect all 1000 Toads
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

aetios

I'm disappointed by the price. I was expecting 250ish, not 330.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

I was not planning to get it at launch but I will definitively wait for a console+game bundle or promotion. It looks promising, though.

EDIT: Note that the launch price is roughly comparable with the Wii and Wii U. In Canada the exchange rate declined sharply since the Wii U came out, though, which is why the price is similar to the Xbox One and PS4 launch prices. The games lineup seems promising, though. As for the many remasters/rereleases I expected it, since many people would probably have requested a port of MK8 anyway, but I hope cross-play is implemented.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

GalacticPirate

@gameblabla do you want to compare with the XBox One launching price ?
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

gameblabla

Quote from: STV on January 14, 2017, 06:16:33 PM
@gameblabla do you want to compare with the XBox One launching price ?
@STV, we can talk about the launching price of the Xbox One at any time.
However, this does not matter because :

• If you go look for an Xbox One (S), they are selling it for 250€
  • The original variant of the Xbox One, has been discontinued and is now hard to find brand new.
Yes, it was very pricey at 500$ but now it's half the price of that, with tons of games. (Even more so for the PS4 !)
Also, Nintendo cracking down on youtube videos is really starting to show their ugly head :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dih3WswexHs

Angry Joe, a huge youtuber, starts his Nintendo switch reaction by complaining about Nintendo's policy regarding youtube videos for 2 minutes !
(out of 16 minutes)
Sony with its PS4, is the complete opposite in comparison. It even has a Share button unlike Nintendo's switch, goddammit !

The Switch itself is not the only issue : it's also Nintendo themselves who are constantly shooting themselves in the foot
with things like these. (and the fact that they banned Binding of Isaac for a long time)

Adriweb

No idea if it's presented in a biased way, but I've seen this on Reddit's front page:

But anyway
> 2017
> consoles
> lolz
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

The Xbox one price dropped quite fast too, unlike the Wii U. Let's hope the Switch does the same as Xbox
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 14, 2017, 07:07:31 PM
The Xbox one price dropped quite fast too, unlike the Wii U. Let's hope the Switch does the same as Xbox
I doubt this will ever happen : Nintendo themselves said to investors that unlike the Wii U,
it's not going to be sold at loss.
So if the console ends up selling behind expectations, they will most likely not try to drop the price.

GalacticPirate

@gameblabla lol, the Switch has a Capture/Share button for screenshots and vids :p
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

gameblabla

Quote from: STV on January 15, 2017, 03:40:43 PM
@gameblabla lol, the Switch has a Capture/Share button for screenshots and vids :p
Oops, that's true, i forgot that detail.

But alas this might not have been there. Why ?
Because videos will have to go through Nintendo's approval on Youtube and youtubers won't be able to earn any money
from their videos.
Plus they might even put a copyright strike on your video like they did with AngryJoe and numerous youtubers because why not ?

When you want to play a game and share your fun with other people, the least you want is to get copyright threats from Nintendo.

Dream of Omnimaga

If I was Google, I would just remove and censor all Nintendo-related results from their search engine as a protest against their abusive copyright demands until Nintendo caves in and change their mind.

Dream of Omnimaga

So apparently, the Switch will get a Pokémon game in the Pokémon Sun generation. If it plays like Pokémon Moon and X/Y, then this will be the first ever Pokémon game from the main series to be released on an actual game console. Hopefully it's not just another spinoff like Pokémon Stadium or Snap, although I would be fine if it was like Gale of Darkness or Colosseum, since that would still be a Pokémon RPG for an home console.

So after 20 years, Pokémon fans might finally be getting what they have been waiting for.

p2

how the c do you get 270$ for the GameCube?  :crazy:
you get them for 60€ on amazon and ebay  :ninja:

Edit: There will be an iphone app for parents to restrict the usage of the switch console and get statistics about its usage.
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)