Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Hobbies/ where are your calcs?

Started by alexgt, March 25, 2015, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

like to program (obviously), game and occasionally do some hardware stuff like building laser spirographs :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Fun, I currently want to remake my Casio that I go recently.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Oh was it broken? Whats wrong with it?

Unicorn

It just can't connect to a computer so it's pretty useless :P

Tho IDK what to do.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 16, 2015, 01:12:47 PM
like to program (obviously), game and occasionally do some hardware stuff like building laser spirographs :P
You should post some of that hardware stuff. I am kinda curious about them :D
Quote from: Unicorn on June 17, 2015, 06:05:19 PM

Tho IDK what to do.
I have the same problem with every Casio calc I own that came out prior the Graph 85/Casio FX-9860G. Most requires a serial port and one that I got came with an used USB to I/O cable which seems to have been made up and it didn't work.

I can always send programs between my calcs, but if I send a CFX program to the 9860G, then all color commands get changed to @. I don't know if that happens with the PRIZM since it has color support too, but the PRIZM lacks the color Orange, while the CFX lacks Magenta, Red, Yellow and Black.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on June 17, 2015, 06:05:19 PM

Tho IDK what to do.
Are there any emulators for Casio calcs?

EDIT: Also I just got a Airsoft gun yesterday :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Well, there are FX-Manager sold by Casio and the builtin emulator/debugger given in the SDK (limited to only using the addin you're programming but with syscalls this limitation is avoidable)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Quote from: alexgt on June 22, 2015, 01:22:23 PM
EDIT: Also I just got a Airsoft gun yesterday :)

We cant have those in the NL <_<
I once build an air powered paintball gun, but it could also shoot metal balls. And 10 bar in a half a liter bottle caused the thing to pack quite the punch

alexgt

Ball bearings out of a paint ball gun thingy O.O

I hope your friends were wearing armour :P

I want to make this,

it is not that hard and it looks like it would hurt.
Reason being is many of my friends that play airsoft don't have any guns (that are in working condition).

Me and two another guys have an actual gun so that leaves two people with LMG's (Large Machine Gun) *.*

Snektron

Quote from: alexgt on June 24, 2015, 03:56:19 PM
Me and two another guys have an actual gun so that leaves two people with LMG's (Large Machine Gun) *.*

i hope you meant actual airsoft guns :P

alexgt

Well I could make that two of those up quite quickly, so those two guys will have a nice full auto LMG :P

Our team has five people....
if I make five of those...
Five people running at you with guns that shoot ~10 rounds per second would be quite scary O.O

Snektron

But don't you need to relead and pump air in the container too? :P

alexgt

Yeah, but you could add more tubes for air storage or even have some in a back pack

Snektron

It would be cool if you could make some sort of battery powered compressor for it

Dream of Omnimaga

Now don't make an airsoft machine gun that can shoot 9000 rounds a second like that Halo weapon O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)