Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-83+/84+] Hex unsquisher

Started by E37, September 24, 2016, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E37

I spent a half hour a couple days ago and made an assembly to hex opcodes converter.
Actually there is no magic involved in converting a runnable file into hex. Like really simple. If a byte of the program holds 255 the "unsquisher" places FF in the output program. Get it?
That's really all it does. You run the program, type the program's name in, (in ram) and it creates an unsquished copy of the program with theta as its first letter.

Here is the Axe source code. Unsquish is the source code and Opcodes is the executable.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting, although perhaps not as practical as if it was online (since most people who needs the hexadecimal version of an ASM program usually needs it to copy a program on their calculator when they have no link cable handy, but I guess for smaller programs this could still be handy if someone has no computer access but happens to know a lot of ASM and decides to modify a program on-calc. That's assuming, of course, that your tool generates a program with hexadecimal in it and can be recompiled on-calc with AsmComp() and by adding the AsmPrgm command above the code.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

It puts it in AsmComp( form. It creates a new program that even adds AsmComp for you.
It is mostly aimed for people who use mimas (since it is on-calc asm) and Axe. It can turn the asm code you write with mimas into the format that can be used in Axe.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah that's good then. Great tool :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U