Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

NSMB Wii was awesome :D, I got all of the NSMB games, although I don't like the Luigi game as much on the Wii U. Also the Wii U NSMB is hard! O.O

And MKWii is my favorite MK game. It doesn't have the best graphics compared to the Wii U version but I seemed to enjoy it the most in general.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I prefer MKDD for memories reasons. I played three NSMB: 1, Wii and 2. I think the 2 (3DS) is cheap and doesn't add anything that would change gameplay. It's cheap on the lives (hullo 3 digits life counter) and the new power-up aren't original... Add this to the paid DLC and I feel spoiled, with a game devoid of any Nintendo touch, just with a blank sequel with a pseudo new goal (GOOD LUCK fetching the million coins)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

aetios

I prefer MKDD because I played it the most (gotta love dolphin) and I don't really like the way the wii mario kart plays, the steering seems off and drifting is awkward with the jump. Read: I'm just too used to MKDD's physics.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yeah, MKDD feels quite arcade, which is quite ironic because MK GP (the arcade game) is sloppier than MK7 and even MK8)

aetios

And MKDD gives you quite some control during drifts, I like that you can control when you get your mini-boost.

Dream of Omnimaga

I should play it more at some point. My main gripe with the Gamecube is the gamepad, but I seem to be one of the very rare people to hate the Gamecube controller. Also, from the MKWii/Wii U remakes of Gamecube tracks that I saw, MKDD courses seems incredibly brutal hard (especially the Donkey Kong tracks) O.O

My least favorite MK game gotta be the GBA one, because when you turn around it's almost like TRON, in the way that you turn instantly. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

The DK track isn't hard at all. IMO one of the hardest tracks is Dino Dino Land, somehow if I get "out of sync"  with the game, I keep on driving off track and becoming 8th x.x

Dream of Omnimaga

Strange, I always sucked at the DK Mountain track and never finished higher than 6th or so. >.< So many curves. I also had issues with DK Summit in MK Wii. >.< DK Jungle on the 3DS and Wii U wasn't that hard, though.

Dream of Omnimaga

AssemblyBandit

On Steam:
Arma 2
Arma 3
C&C 3
C&C RA3
Skyrim
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 4
Contagion
Garry's Mod
Ghostbusters
GTA 3&4
Hitman Absolution
How to Survive
Max Payne 3
Metro Last Light
Mirrors Edge
Outlast
Planetary Annihilation
Portal 2
STALKER Call of Pripyat
Sleeping Dogs
Sniper Elite 3
Super Meat Boy
Ghost Recon
Tomb Raider

Still waiting for GTA 5!!!

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, what is Call of Prypriat? Is it an horror game like in that one Chernobyl movie? O.O

Also I might get GTA 5 eventually but probably for the Xbox One.

That reminds me, I recently bought "You Have to Win The Game" on Steam. It's a retro style 2D platformer and it's quite fun. :) http://store.steampowered.com/app/286100/

EDIT: Oh yes! Crystal Towers 2 has been greenlighted, finally :D http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92975382 I wonder if it will ever make it to Steam store and if it will get an update?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

You have to win the game makes me think a lot of vvvvvv (even if he said that it was one of his inspirations
)

aetios

You Have To Win The Game is awesome and super hard.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

That's one of the reasons it makes me think of VVVVVV. (Is there any other way to say that? I'm tired of saying the same line each time)

AssemblyBandit

@DJ Omnimaga : Call of Pripyat is the sequel to Shadow of Chernobyl (I think thats whats its called) but the game won't play on my computer. I can walk around for about 1 min, then it quits. The first game was pretty cool though.