Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What multiplayer games would you play?

Started by Yuki, August 25, 2015, 02:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

TiLem and TiEmu actually fixed that IIRC, but since TiEmu hasn't been updated in a long while, I hope that the GTK issue with GIMP isn't back. D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 17, 2015, 04:07:15 PM
You don't need to have remove all your mods, minecraft allows for multiple profiles.
But doesn't forge take mods from the same mods folder regardless of what version?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Not if you tell minecraft to use a different base directory. Also I kinda lost motivation to host a server now so unless someone else volunteers there probably won't be one. Sorry guys.

Unicorn

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 18, 2015, 10:15:24 PM
Not if you tell minecraft to use a different base directory. Also I kinda lost motivation to host a server now so unless someone else volunteers there probably won't be one. Sorry guys.
Ah, I see.

Awe... really? I have a machine that can host a server, but I'd be better if an admin hosted it.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Well if someone was to help me pick the mod and set them up it would be great. Also we still don't have a host, nor anyone who wants to pay for a VPS so yeah.

Unicorn

I could set the whole server up, depending if you want to have permissions, and send it over to a host...

But I'm not the best for picking mods

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you have VPS setup skills and stuff? Because that would probably be quite a bit of work in the first place, let alone setting up MInecraft on it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 18, 2015, 10:41:33 PM
Do you have VPS setup skills and stuff? Because that would probably be quite a bit of work in the first place, let alone setting up MInecraft on it.
I have a modded minecraft server running on one of my computers at home, if that counts.  I can set that up again, of course.

But putting the server files into VPS someone buys, I don't know how to do that.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

There's a lot of work behind the scenes besides running the Minecraft server. You need a few scripts to do that for backup and management purposes. It's not the hard part but it requires knowledge.

Unicorn

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 18, 2015, 11:13:21 PM
There's a lot of work behind the scenes besides running the Minecraft server. You need a few scripts to do that for backup and management purposes. It's not the hard part but it requires knowledge.
I know that ForgeEssentials does backups, (it saved me a few times) In terms of backing up to something like drive, I think that might be the owner of the VPS's job...

I wouldn't be able to set up any permissions, as I stated before.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Brent and me have a (private) DW20 server set up, and it plays quite well. We could maybe consider taking that as modpack since its in the FTB launcher and not too heavy. Though brents server can't run 24/7 so that won't be an option.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

brentmaas

Quote from: Unicorn on September 18, 2015, 11:19:54 PM
Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 18, 2015, 11:13:21 PM
I know that ForgeEssentials does backups, (it saved me a few times) In terms of backing up to something like drive, I think that might be the owner of the VPS's job...

I wouldn't be able to set up any permissions, as I stated before.
Aromabackup
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on September 19, 2015, 11:20:26 AM
Brent and me have a (private) DW20 server set up, and it plays quite well. We could maybe consider taking that as modpack since its in the FTB launcher and not too heavy. Though brents server can't run 24/7 so that won't be an option.
Yeah that worked quite well. Got 50 FPS on medium-low settings on my notebook-graphics pc.
Lel I glitched Omni

Araidia

I play TF2 and Running With Rifles. The first is pretty self explanatory, but the second is by far my favorite. I really encourage you guys to check it out even though is costs $14.99. I used to play Minecraft. I used to.
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Never heard about Running with Rifles before. Is it hard to control? Because I am used to FPSes and 2D side-scrolling run and gun games, not top-down shooting games.

CVSoft

No love for Unreal Tournament 2004? ;_;
I play both UT2004 and Minecraft, not much else though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium