So all started last year in class when I was talking to a friend about the nspire after some time we discussed that I will be cool to be able to send SMS with the nspire. After that I did some research on how I will be able to do this:
First solution was LUA but the send function was not implemented in my calc version and there is no way to get data back.
Next was Ndless which one I choose. After letting the project die for almost 6 months I restarted it and started making my program on the calc side.
I have take about a 3-4 month to send and get data "flawlessly". But after a LOT of tweaking. I can send and receive msg via the uart port at the bottom of the calc. Next I have implemented contact selection. For all of my testing I have to solder a wire to the back port on the calc and fault "Humm that such a terrible idea". So I went in solidworks and started designing my own case for the ti and here is my first test:
I haven't 3D printed the final version yet so I can't show you.
After the ndless part completed I let the project die again for around a month and then I started modifying the case a little bit more to add pin hole / hole for the Bluetooth module /etc...
Then I started making the android app to make the SMS sending / reading possible add I did that for around two month on Android studio.
And here I am with my first working prototype of the Nspire SMS Shield "working":
There is a lot of tweaking left to do but I works and I'm not stopping the developement here
If you are interested in the source code please contact me