Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CSE] Bejeweled CSE [Hybric Basic]

Started by unknownloner, July 05, 2015, 04:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow the speed is very nice for BASIC. I'm surprised actually, given the fact that full squares are displayed. Do you use a separate pt-on command per chunk rather than For loops? I often found that this is faster, although much larger. Good job so far :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

unknownloner

Yeah I use 4 separate Pt-On commands per tile.

I was originally doing 8 per tile and filling the entire tile with color, but that ended up being too slow
to be playable. I also found a way using 5 Pt-On's that let me do fully-filled 11x11 tiles, but I still
wanted the tiles to be bigger (and it was still a bit too slow). On the bright side, it made the method
for displaying the cursor an easy choice, so I didn't have to think too hard about how to do that. It's
just another 4 Pt-On(s, but with a different point type.

/)

JWinslow23

Awesome that this is coming to the CE! Nice work, it's fast already!

Oh, and if you want a different, much faster game-over check, perhaps you can borrow the code in my 84+ version...of course, it's not my code (I'm not that clever :P ), it's lirtosiast's, so ask him over on Cemetech if you like.

Here is the post on Cemetech, if you're not sure what I'm talking about.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: unknownloner on June 29, 2016, 06:22:30 AM
Yeah I use 4 separate Pt-On commands per tile.

I was originally doing 8 per tile and filling the entire tile with color, but that ended up being too slow
to be playable. I also found a way using 5 Pt-On's that let me do fully-filled 11x11 tiles, but I still
wanted the tiles to be bigger (and it was still a bit too slow). On the bright side, it made the method
for displaying the cursor an easy choice, so I didn't have to think too hard about how to do that. It's
just another 4 Pt-On(s, but with a different point type.
I see. I had an hard time telling if you used 4 or 9 commands because the video quality was low on my phone for some reasons.  This still shows that we can make somewhat fast games in pure TI-BASIC. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U