Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Airsoft Discussion

Started by 123outerme, December 14, 2015, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

(When Street gets around to fulfilling my request of a "Real Life Games" subforum, feel free to move this there)
So recently, just to mess around with my friend, I ordered a spring pistol Airsoft gun. For those curious, it's found here. According to the reviews, it's incredibly sturdy, reliable, and for a $15 springer it's pretty good over all. I also got a $20 paintball mask and a $5 canister of BBs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

I always thought it would be cool to play around with those on a field somewhere here. I am unsure where those guns can be found in Canada, though, since there are heavy restrictions on them (ones that look like real firearms are illegal, for example, and I doubt they can be used close to homes)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 14, 2015, 11:14:26 PM
I always thought it would be cool to play around with those on a field somewhere here. I am unsure where those guns can be found in Canada, though, since there are heavy restrictions on them (ones that look like real firearms are illegal, for example, and I doubt they can be used close to homes)
I shot my friend's Colt .25 (a palm-sized gun). It was horrible (although it was good enough to justify it's $5 or whatever price), but even so I wanted my own.
In where I live in Maryland, the only laws regarding airsoft guns are
*Mugging someone with them is a felony equal to mugging someone with a real gun, if they think it's real (yeah like wut?)
*You must get permission from the landowner before you can shoot on their property
*4 Golden Rules of Gun Safety along with you can't carry it in public
*You must keep the orange ring on if you plan on shooting with it

And none of those are a problem for me. I know that Britain makes it a (minor?) felony to deal airsoft guns, but not to buy them. (also yeah wut?). Other than that I'm not really sure of the laws outside my area.

alexgt

I am quite an avid airsofter, I have an AEG and 2 spring pistols. When I have time I love playing airsoft, but when you have an AEG and your friend only has a pistol there becomes a slight disadvantage xD
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

123outerme

Quote from: alexgt on December 15, 2015, 12:42:38 AM
I am quite an avid airsofter, I have an AEG and 2 spring pistols. When I have time I love playing airsoft, but when you have an AEG and your friend only has a pistol there becomes a slight disadvantage xD
I see that XD. My brother has an AEG and a gas (non blowback) pistol. My friend has 3 spring pistols (one of them was the .25 Colt I mentioned earlier) and a rifle, unsure of the firing method. Honestly, although the RoF and capacity are higher for the AEG, the pistol has concealability and mobility on its side. Not justifying only having crappy guns, but it's not like in video games where you will straight up never get a kill if you only use a pistol.

c4ooo

Airsoft is fun, but i hate how inaccurate the guns are at long range <_<
I would say i am better then all my freinds with legit-gun accuracy, but it does not matter because i can see the airsoft pellet literally curving as it flies <_<
One time me and my freinds went to an airsoft arena, that was fun :) We where playing defend the castle, 8v3. I was the only one brave enough on my team to go inside the wooden fortification. It was fairly big, but i soon ran into my freind on the other team, and we both shot at each other, 2 meters appart. Lol it was painful and my arm was bruised and bleeding XD
(what my freind did not know is that while he was in semi-auto mode, i had switched my gun to full auto, despite him asking me not to in order to preserve the amo, which he had bought >:D

Edit: i dont actualy own any airsoft guns, they where all either rented or supplied by my friends.

123outerme

Quote from: c4ooo on December 15, 2015, 12:59:43 AM
Airsoft is fun, but i hate how inaccurate the guns are at long range <_<
I would say i am better then all my freinds with legit-gun accuracy, but it does not matter because i can see the airsoft pellet literally curving as it flies <_<
One time me and my freinds went to an airsoft arena, that was fun :) We where playing defend the castle, 8v3. I was the only one brave enough on my team to go inside the wooden fortification. It was fairly big, but i soon ran into my freind on the other team, and we both shot at each other, 2 meters apart. Lol it was painful and my arm was bruised and bleeding XD
(what my freind did not know is that while he was in semi-auto mode, i had switched my gun to full auto, despite him asking me not to in order to preserve the ammo, which he had bought >:D

Edit: i dont actualy own any airsoft guns, they where all either rented or supplied by my friends.
Lol @ the editable text XD
I know I've brought it up multiple times but the Colt .25 I was using was aimed at my other friend's head when I was using it. He was up in a tree about 15 feet away, and it curved down so far it hit mid-torso. The gun I've bought is apparently much better than that, and most airsoft guns sold will come with a system called hop-up to put backspin on the BB and attempt to counteract gravity. In some guns it's adjustable, I think mine is fixed.

alexgt

I just bought a nex pistol that is quite good actually but as you mentioned the hop up is cranked the hell up so after ~20 ft it went up 3 feet xD. But what I do is use it with my AEG and cover corners in CQB battles.

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 14, 2015, 11:14:26 PM
From what I heard, airsoft guns are probably less restricted than you think. While real guns are hard to obtain and well-controlled (and should be, here in Canada they're only useful if you're going shooting deers or something, unlike whatever they say in the US), there's always a few people in my class who owns at least one airsoft gun.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

123outerme

I'm hype for my gear coming in, but holy crap if it isn't taking long. The process started on Monday and if it starts shipping tomorrow, it'll get here by next Monday!

alexgt

It took 2 weeks for my AEG to get here xD. I 3d printed a holster for my pistol and recorded the printing but the size is over 6Gb and my hard drive is only 2Gb on my chromebook so I can't get it off so I guess I will have to scrap the timelapse I had planned <_<

123outerme

Quote from: alexgt on December 16, 2015, 03:41:32 AM
It took 2 weeks for my AEG to get here xD. I 3d printed a holster for my pistol and recorded the printing but the size is over 6Gb and my hard drive is only 2Gb on my chromebook so I can't get it off so I guess I will have to scrap the timelapse I had planned <_<
You can always put it on a public computer and then put it on Dropbox. Or compress the video to try to fit it on the Chromebook. Or you could get a flash drive/external hard drive.
But yeah, my brother gave me his old pistol holster. The only problem is, I'm lefty and he's righty. I could either put the holster on the back of my belt, on the left side to draw it that way, or flip it around so that the belt attachment is between the belt loop and the pants.

c4ooo

You could also convert to the right hand master race :P
* c4ooo runs
Oftopic, but i was training myself to be ambidextrous and lol i failed XD

123outerme

Quote from: c4ooo on December 17, 2015, 12:59:20 AM
You could also convert to the right hand master race :P
* c4ooo runs
Oftopic, but i was training myself to be ambidextrous and lol i failed XD
It's possible for me to use a gun with both hands, but I strongly prefer my left.

alexgt

I can use a pistol with both but my AEG is strictly right hand. I also reprinted the holster so my belt can fit through the slot ;)

And I used a different soft ware to record that one so I actually can get it off my chromebook.